This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Release 1.9.0.1

I have just submitted a new version of RokuSeer to the HomeSeer Updater. This version includes the following changes:

- Added optional RSS News feature to the Roku Menu which can be used to view news stories from any RSS source on your SoundBridge/s.
    - Added a configurable trigger fired when a YAC caller id event occurs.
    - Added the Other Incoming and Other Outgoing call types. These can only be triggered by script calls and are designed to be used by other sources of call detail information. These call types can be used for creating specific event triggers.
    - Now shows call direction (In or Out) in the Roku menu phone call log.
    - Changed Roku Control web page to handle situation when Roku devices are disconnected so it no longer causes long delays in system operation.
    - Stopped events with the same trigger firing multiple times.
    - Fixed a bug with call logging in different cultures.
    - Fixed a bug caused by a corrupt call log entry.
    - Improved security so guest users are completely blocked from accessing the plug-in.
    - Corrected an error in the user guide in the definition of the TriggerCallerID function.

If you are upgrading to the latest version of my other plug-ins then you must also upgrade to this new YACSeer release for compatibility.

Please let me know if you find any problems with the new release or if you wish to request any enhancements.

Thanks,
    George<!-- / message --><!-- / message --> <!-- / message -->
    <!-- controls -->

Just did the upgrade and tested RSS. It works fine although it is somewhat difficult to read the text on the small screen.

I'm still waiting to have a "song changed" trigger so I can have a real time variable in Homeseer with the current song. Current song progress and next queued song would also be nice.

Comment

Hi,

Can you suggest how I could make the text easier to read? Maybe I could try a different font. Any ideas?

The real time trigger for song changed and device for realtime status are difficult because they would require a change to the Roku API in order to work effectively. This change is mentioned in the Roku development roadmap but has not yet been implemented and no target date is given. It may never be developed by Roku - see http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?t=17888 for the reason why. Thus I cannot commit to adding them to the plug-in. Sorry.

There is already a way to show real-time device status but it relies on continuously polling the SoundBridges which is not at all efficient. There are details of how to do this in the user-guide (Section titled "Roku Monitoring Script").

I could add a built-in device and event trigger which uses this method with an option to enable or disable it. What do you think? Would this do what you want? Try creating the device as per the user guide and let me know what you think?

Thanks.

Regards,
      George

Comment

My eyes are just a bit bad in reading lettres that a bit too far away. The font is already at it's biggest I think. Also an option to have the newsmessage scroll would be nice.

It's a shame that the support for the soundbridge is failing from the Roku side. It is and stays a nice product and should be developed further. I really do not like the idea of continually polling the soundbridge, I've already tried it but it isnt really as responsive/realtime as I wish. But I understand that this is not in your hands...

If you can make the option to poll the soundbridge without it hogging/slowing homeseer too much and have a response time of like 5 to 10 seconds after a song change that would be great!

Comment

Working...
        X