DSC not working on HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC not working on HS3

I'm moving from HS2 to HS3. My DSC alarm system (Power Series with IT 100 board) worked as expected in HS2. In HS3, however, 2 of 8 zones show "Restored", while the other 6 are blank. The 2 "Restored" zones, however, don't reflect a change when opened. I can arm the panel from HS3, but cannot disarm it. I have rebooted and the green light flashes on the board. Ideas??
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

I believe that there are some problems with this plugin and HS is telling people to use Blade's plugin?

Comment

I'm using a power series panel with an it100 and I'm not having any issues. Something else must be going on. What version of the plugin are you using?
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Homeseer DSC Plugin has a problem

I got a message board reply yesterday that said there is a reported bug with the HS-DSC plugin and that HS reps were recommending using 3rd party DSC plugins. That reply was removed from the board, maybe because it referenced a specific plugin recommendation. At any rate, I called HS and they confirmed their plugin problem and the recommendation to use a 3rd party plugin. They also said that work on a fix is not currently scheduled (low priority). It would be nice if HS would be more communicative on "poorly functioning" plugins; it might have saved me 4 hours of testing. To answer Happynatious1, I'm not at home so I can't easily check the plugin version, but I downloaded it last week. I wonder if you have an earlier version that did work; what version do you have?
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
          I got a message board reply yesterday that said there is a reported bug with the HS-DSC plugin and that HS reps were recommending using 3rd party DSC plugins. That reply was removed from the board, maybe because it referenced a specific plugin recommendation. At any rate, I called HS and they confirmed their plugin problem and the recommendation to use a 3rd party plugin. They also said that work on a fix is not currently scheduled (low priority). It would be nice if HS would be more communicative on "poorly functioning" plugins; it might have saved me 4 hours of testing. To answer Happynatious1, I'm not at home so I can't easily check the plugin version, but I downloaded it last week. I wonder if you have an earlier version that did work; what version do you have?
          I am using .45 without problems. I have not upgraded, as it has been working fine at this time.

Comment

I'm running the latest Beta 3.0.0.56, I did have to delete all my devices and let the plugin rebuild them when I moved from 3.0.0.45 to .56, which was a pain, but in the end all zones report properly, I can arm and disarm, and even set the time on the keypad from homeseer without a problem.
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Anyone can help me, when I activate the plug in, the alarm panel stay in trouble(not communicating) I try all version and alway having the communication problem. It work with the 3rd plug in.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
                Anyone can help me, when I activate the plug in, the alarm panel stay in trouble(not communicating) I try all version and alway having the communication problem. It work with the 3rd plug in.
                Are you using the IT100? Make sure that the baud rate is set for 9600.

Comment

Originally posted by KSO View Post
                  Are you using the IT100? Make sure that the baud rate is set for 9600.
                  Im using the 4401 4800 baud rate

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                    I believe that there are some problems with this plugin and HS is telling people to use Blade's plugin?
                    Incorrect. The plug-in is working properly for most people. If anyone is looking for functionality that doesn't exist in our plug-in, we suggest investigating Blade's.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      Incorrect. The plug-in is working properly for most people. If anyone is looking for functionality that doesn't exist in our plug-in, we suggest investigating Blade's.
                      My preference is to stay with HS, may be I'm doing something wrong but need guide to find out why it does not connect.

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                        I'm running the latest Beta 3.0.0.56, I did have to delete all my devices and let the plugin rebuild them when I moved from 3.0.0.45 to .56, which was a pain, but in the end all zones report properly, I can arm and disarm, and even set the time on the keypad from homeseer without a problem.
                        Same for me. Once I did that, all the DSC functions work and I've moved on to other HS projects.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                          I stand corrected!

Comment

Macromark, if your information is correct, then you need to provide that information to the telephone support people at Homeseer. The following is nearly a direct quote from the HS representative two days ago: "The HS DSC plugin has problems and, if its not working for you, we recommend using a 3rd party plugin. Work on a fix is not currently scheduled (low priority). " I would be grateful for an informed answer as I am wasting a lot of time trying to figure out how to get my alarm functioning on HS3.
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
                              Macromark, if your information is correct, then you need to provide that information to the telephone support people at Homeseer. The following is nearly a direct quote from the HS representative two days ago: "The HS DSC plugin has problems and, if its not working for you, we recommend using a 3rd party plugin. Work on a fix is not currently scheduled (low priority). " I would be grateful for an informed answer as I am wasting a lot of time trying to figure out how to get my alarm functioning on HS3.
                              I agree updating the support line information would be a positive.

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                              I can confirm the same. See this post (73) to my response to Rich, http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174456&page=2

Hope this helps.
                              Billy

Comment

Working...
                              X