Inclusion Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inclusion Controllers

I recently completely rebuilt my entire Z-Wave network from scratch (about 140 nodes and 800 devices) in an attempt to clean up a significant number of failed nodes and other problems. Before the cleanup I used to run a Zee-S2 and two Z-Net interfaces. Each was on their own home ID (Main Floor, Basement Level, Garage). After the rebuild I decided to use the Zee-S2 with an Aeon Labs Z-Stick plugged into a USB port (so I can take the stick and include / exclude nodes) and disable the internal card. I added one Z-Net as an Inclusion Controller on the same ID and placed in the garage.

This arrangement seems to work very well for me so far and most of the problems have disappeared. One item I can't seem to resolve is that the main node and the secondary inclusion controller do not seem to always sync their information - there are usually a three or four node difference in what the garage z-net shows and the main. I can sometimes force a sync several times and get both with the same nodes but this process is very hit and miss.

When I try to add the second Z-Net as another Inclusion Controller on the same Home ID, the process appears to complete successfully but the options presented in Controller management are totally different. This controller only shows up as a secondary controller and does not sync for any reason. I have removed and readded multiple times. It will pull in every node that is present during set up but nothing I do makes it pull in anything added after the initial setup.

Is it not possible to have more than one Inclusion Controller? Most of the documentation I have found on Z-Wave is pretty spotty on this point. I would like to have all three HS devices on the same ID and in sync at all times. What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot of issue:
    Attached Files

Comment

Log:
      Attached Files

Comment

Bump. Hoping someone can weigh in on why synchronize between nodes does not seem to work correctly:
        Attached Files

Comment

No one can help with this I guess. I put in bugzillas on this as well but silence.

Have pretty much concluded that HS isn't really capable of utilizing this function either. I am in the process of moving my z-wave back to separate home IDs and zones in the house and outbuildings. At least that way, I don't have to constantly fight with trying to add and remove nodes and failed sync, and if a controller takes a dump at least it only kills relatively few nodes.

HS should consider dropping the price of the Z-Net controllers to something more reasonable. Much too expensive for what you get. Or, possibly offering the Z-Net software download for a small cost to those who want to build their own with their R-Pis and Razberry cards.

Comment

Working...
          X