VOIP and HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOIP and HS

I'm finally getting around to dumping my telco land-line (>$45/mo) with a pay-as-you-go VOIP service (probably about $2/mo). Can't believe I waited so long.

In the process, I'm learning lots of new stuff that I never knew, and going back and catching up on stuff I never paid attention to here. I've got an ATA currently configured with two SIP accounts (Anveo and GV). I have two broad questions for everyone.

First, I've done a little looking at the SIP connector plug-in, but not yet installed it. It doesn't look like the forum gets a whole lot of action anymore. I know Stipus is still active on the board, so I assume it is still supported. What cool things have people done with SIP and HS? Any issues? Does it work if I also have an ATA?

Second: I've noticed that at least two of the VOIP services I've been trying out (Voip.ms and Anveo) have web service APIs where you can get information on your account and do all sorts of controlling of voicemails and such. I've already written a couple of scripts to do stuff, but I was wondering if anyone else has some ideas or examples of things they are doing with such APIs.

Steve
Working...
X