No announcement yet.

Warning, timed out waiting for poll response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I added a 600ms delay after each send, may be more than what is needed, but give it a try and see if that helps:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/HSPI_RAINRELAY8.dll

Originally posted by Megaman View Post
    Hi Rich,

Can you modify the code to have the a configurable gap between data sends to the rain8 units? Eg, regardless of the event, data polling, device on, device off etc... This should eliminate the issue of data being sent too closely together as mentioned by Warren at WGL.

Is the source available, I'd be happy to help debug the issues.

Thanks
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rich,

All good, thats what it needed, thanks very much for the update!
      Will this be version be put into the updater tool as well?

Cheers

Comment

Sure, I will get it in the updater.

Originally posted by Megaman View Post
        Hi Rich,

All good, thats what it needed, thanks very much for the update!
        Will this be version be put into the updater tool as well?

Cheers
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rich, thanks for the updated .dll file - the 600ms pauses are brilliant, however, I am still getting the error message. - Warning, timed out waiting for response (on/off, is there a controller at address1?
          I have replaced the USB to Serial adapter with a proper serial interface (motherboard 10 pin header to 9 pin rs232) - it can't be the serial port

I have replaced and shortened the cable run to the rain8relay modules, including testing it on a 1m run, I still get the messages - it can't be the cables

So far the only thing that I have not properly eliminated are the relays that I am controlling the Rain8Relay with. They are Finder 20.23.8.024.4000 relays - more info including pictures towards the bottom of this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=151019

For some reason, when controlling some of the relays, it always works as it should - these include the relays that control house lighting circuits, sockets, cooker, shower.

But, when operating certain relays eg: each of the central heating zone valves or the call for heat (which simply acts as an additional thermostat call for heat by connecting two contacts together), sometimes the rain8relay modules initiate the first command ON, then freeze leaving the relay mid-state (and buzzing) and stops all further communication with the rain8relay modules until I manually reset the power to them.

I have two possible theories:

1 - Those specific Finder relays (used to control the heating) are faulty or I have broken them, but I can't see how, the currents involved are low and they are rated at 16A.

or

2 - Somehow, noise is being transferred back to the rain8relay modules from the Finder relays - perhaps the heating system is noisy?

The setup works how I would like it to for a few hours, then the problem starts again - I reset the power to the rain8relay modules and start again.

I understand that I am using the rain8relay modules for something other than they were intended for but any further ideas would be very much appreciated.

Keith

Comment

FWIW, the problem has been around for a while....

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...780#post927780

Ian
            Plugins:
            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Thanks Ian,
              I think that it may be a hardware problem because I still get the same fault when using WGLs Rain8net demo program - so unless it is a software problem replicated in both the Homeseer plugin and Rain8Net demo program it has to be hardware.

I am going to try beefing up the power supply above 1.5A (24VAC)

Comment

Similar Issues I'm having as you guys.

My problem is that HS can no longer control my WGL Pro controler. Everything has worked flawless for 7 months now.

The setup I have is HS Pro on a PC connected to a LAN, Sena IP/Serial Device, WGL Pro.

The first Issue I had was that Zone 3 was non controllable from the WGL Device or HS. So I started by checking Voltage at the WGL Controller and Shawzamm!!! That Zone started working again when I push the mechanical button on the WGL. (Talked to WGL and they say each zone has a max amp of 250ma and that maybe zone is near its limit. I dont have my fluke with me so I can not confirm the draw or resistance)

Then another issue like the above started after I was testing. Now I recieve this message in the HS log,,, """1/24/2013 3:58:30 PM - RainRelay8 - Warning, timed out waiting for poll response, is there a controller at address 10""""

I've powered on and off all devices to include HS, HS PC, Network Switch, Sena Device, & WGL Controller with no success in getting the HS to control the WGL Controller.

Going back through the software setup that has been stable for 8 months I noticed that within "Serial/IP Port Monitior" the comport has a status of "OFFLINE" but when I use HelloDevice & IP Scanners they able to Locate the Sena Device IP & MAC ID. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1028590

Tomorrow I have a Serial Extension that I plan to try and eliminate the Sena Device and LAN network (Connect the WGL directly to my pc using there Demo Software).

Any other input of suggestions on this issue?

Thanks

Charlie
                HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Also have lots of faults with my new pc build that HS is running on. I noticed that my RAM speed was not set correctly so i went into bios and set it.

Rebotted and checked the Sena IP/Serial monitor and it says the device is connected, yet I still get the message in HS logs " RainRelay8 - Warning, timed out waiting for poll response, is there a controller at address 10" and not control of the WGL.

Also I'm having issues with my WINDOWS EXPLORER crashing and hangin up. Not sure if this is causing any programs or services from operating correctly. I'm planning on trying a OS Disk Repair to see if that will help.

What's got me confused is that my set up has been running without a hiccup for 7 months on my old pc and a month on my new pc all with the same settings.

Tomorrow when my serial extension cable shows up I plan to bypass everything so the pc is connected directley to the WGL controller with the WGL DEMO Software.
                  HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                  PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                  HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Working...
                  X