Help Choosing HomeSeer device - UPB/HAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Choosing HomeSeer device - UPB/HAI

I'm considering adding a HomeSeer device to my existing setup - primarily in order to add Echo/Alexa support. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

My current System:

Security: Omni Pro II
    Automation: Omni Pro II
    Lighting: HAI (UPB)
    Devices: UPB
    Thermostat: HAI
    Audio: Apple Airports for each room/multi channel amp
    Camera: Axis (URL streaming)
    IPhnoe App: Space

Questions:

1) Is there any reason that I would choose anything other than the Zee S2 box?
    2) From looking over the website, it looks like I'll need to add the plugins for UPB and HAI Security (and possibly IFTTT to play with).
    HAI thermostats and Alexa are free plugins, is this correct?
    3) What other hardware will I need - I assume I need a UPB Pim? Is this pretty easy to set up with the UPB plugin?
    4) Can I activate HAI "buttons" (automation tasks) via Alexa?
    5) Can I control multiple thermostats by name via Alexa (ie Study/Den/Master etc)? I'd like to avoid the Alexa power user setup as I don't want to prefix "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to....", I'd much prefer to say "Alexa, set the Study thermostat to 70".
    6) I notice there is a TIVO plugin but not much description of what it can do - can Alexa be set up to control TIVO (ie, "Alexa, record The Walking Dead")?
    7) Will Alexa be aware of lighting Status?

Thank you for your help!

I can answer a couple...

Originally posted by Damonator View Post
    I'm considering adding a HomeSeer device to my existing setup - primarily in order to add Echo/Alexa support. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

My current System:

Security: Omni Pro II
    Automation: Omni Pro II
    Lighting: HAI (UPB)
    Devices: UPB
    Thermostat: HAI
    Audio: Apple Airports for each room/multi channel amp
    Camera: Axis (URL streaming)
    IPhnoe App: Space

Questions:

1) Is there any reason that I would choose anything other than the Zee S2 box?
    That is a good choice. It has the Z-Wave controller built-in.

2) From looking over the website, it looks like I'll need to add the plugins for UPB and HAI Security (and possibly IFTTT to play with).
    HAI thermostats and Alexa are free plugins, is this correct?
    You will need the HAI plugin for security. If your UPB PLM is plugged into your panel, then you can use the HAI plugin for simple lighting with the HAI protocol. If you need better control with dimming, scenes, etc, then use the UPB plugin.

4) Can I activate HAI "buttons" (automation tasks) via Alexa?
    The best way to do this is control a virtual device with Alexa, then trigger events to execute HAI buttons with the HAI plugin.

[/QUOTE]
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
    X