Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to get OMNI Plugin v3.0.2.4 downloaded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to get OMNI Plugin v3.0.2.4 downloaded?

I have been working with Pete to get this fixed. He seems to think it is my DNS service which is not working?

Pete I am over in my head with this stuff ie. you say execute echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" >> /etc/resolv.conf and no matter what I put into the Execute a Linux command: I get nothing except it is running it?? FYI I am working on a Mac desktop and the execute echo you give is not clear what I copy paste. Do the quotes and >> get pasted?

When doing the following instructions my DYNS service is operating?

1- Go to the location you are trying to access. You must be using a computer
    that is connected to the network you wish to remotely access.

2- Log into your account at http://Dyn.com, navigate to the service in question
    and note the IP of your host.

3- Open a new tab and go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ This will display the
    public IP address of your current location (the location you wish to access).

4- If the IP address of the location you wish to access (3) matches the address configured in the Dyn interface (2) then your DNS service is working correctly.

However I notice that in the HS Ethernet setting [after unchecking the Enable DHCP (Automatically assign IP address)] that MY DNS (NameServer) IP Address is not the same as the DYN address I get in step 2 above.

And when I replace the MY DNS (NameServer) IP Address in Homeseer with my DYNS IP it won't stick after the restart and reverts back to the address of my ATT modem/gateway. Why? The 8.8.8.8 stuck in my earlier efforts.

Pete is the purpose of me purchasing a static DNS address from DYN to allow access to my network from the outside because the ATT Modem/Gateway regularly changes its address and is not static therefore not letting me have remote access? If so is there a less expensive approach??

I use Haiku to get into my Omni Pro II while off site using this DNS address and it is successful so why isn't this a test that my DNS service is working??

Originally posted by chasers03 View Post
    I have been working with Pete to get this fixed. He seems to think it is my DNS service which is not working?

Pete I am over in my head with this stuff ie. you say execute echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" >> /etc/resolv.conf and no matter what I put into the Execute a Linux command: I get nothing except it is running it?? FYI I am working on a Mac desktop and the execute echo you give is not clear what I copy paste. Do the quotes and >> get pasted?

When doing the following instructions my DYNS service is operating?

1- Go to the location you are trying to access. You must be using a computer
    that is connected to the network you wish to remotely access.

2- Log into your account at http://Dyn.com, navigate to the service in question
    and note the IP of your host.

3- Open a new tab and go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ This will display the
    public IP address of your current location (the location you wish to access).

4- If the IP address of the location you wish to access (3) matches the address configured in the Dyn interface (2) then your DNS service is working correctly.

However I notice that in the HS Ethernet setting [after unchecking the Enable DHCP (Automatically assign IP address)] that MY DNS (NameServer) IP Address is not the same as the DYN address I get in step 2 above.

And when I replace the MY DNS (NameServer) IP Address in Homeseer with my DYNS IP it won't stick after the restart and reverts back to the address of my ATT modem/gateway. Why? The 8.8.8.8 stuck in my earlier efforts.

Pete is the purpose of me purchasing a static DNS address from DYN to allow access to my network from the outside because the ATT Modem/Gateway regularly changes its address and is not static therefore not letting me have remote access? If so is there a less expensive approach??

I use Haiku to get into my Omni Pro II while off site using this DNS address and it is successful so why isn't this a test that my DNS service is working??
    I wish I knew what to do to help. Your Zee appears to be having issues resolving urls.

If you want, I could remote into your Zee and manually load the plugin for you. You would need to get me access via your router. Monday would be the soonest I could do this. Email me offline if you want robmasonjr67@yahoo.com

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you Rob!!!

@Stephen

The resolving of IP addresses / names internal to your network and specifically to your Zee2 relates to the Zee2 not configured properly for DNS resolution.

The Dynamic DNS works in the opposite way and relates to name resolution on the internet to your Zee2 network and internet router IP.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

This deserves a reply as to what we had to do to get my Z going. HS support on the phone said I had to do the following and it fixed my problem.
        In order to delete the users.cfg file, you will need to complete the following steps:

1) Connect a monitor and keyboard to the unit and reboot.
        2) Once connected, you will be asked to log in. The username is homeseer and the password is the system password which you set when first configuring the device. The default is hsthsths3. Keep in mind that you will not be able to see the letters you enter for the password, nor any indication of such. This is a security feature of Linux.
        3) Once you are logged in, enter the following command, without quotes "sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/<wbr>users.cfg" Linux is case-sensitive, so it will need to be entered exactly as you see here. You should be able to copy and paste. It may ask you for the system password again, which once you enter, will delete the file.
        4) Enter the command "sudo reboot" and your system will restart. You will then be able to connect again and recreate your users.
        Regards,

Comment

Working...
        X