Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having the same 'undefined' error. I disabled the weather widget and the error went away.

Like you it happens only sometimes. But seems to be more frequent lately.

Did you ever get this sorted?
    Last edited by mminehan; May 13, 2017, 09:12 PM.
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Nope, still happens most days. Can get quite annoying but don't know what else to try really.

Comment

Hmmmm....looks like I am going to have to not use the weather tile then. It error stops the page from loading properly and I loose my security camera feeds.

I'll get the weather information from another plugin and display it in several device tiles, which is a shame.

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
          **Ver 2.9.1-1
          --Refactored code in require.config.js, router.js, startup.js, and nav-bar.js. Nav bar tab generation is now dynamic based on whether you specify "true" to display a tab or "false" to hide it in require.config.js.
          --Changed page references to a numeric scheme to avoid confusion for people who are organizing by rooms. URLs will now show numeric values when you hover over a tab label.
          --Included instructions in require.config.js for adding a brand new custom page.
          --Fixed bug where refresh icon was not visible on the refresh tile widget
          Just installed this, I like that I can rename the rooms/tabs in require.config.js One thing I came across is that under the pages directory the individual folders are still named for the original rooms. Perhaps they should be "Room 1" through "Room 19" instead?
          HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
          Number of Devices: 1005
          Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the proxy service stopping sending updates?

I was aware of an issue whereby if HS is restarted I have to restart the service to get it to reconnect as it doesn't seem to on it's own.

But more recently, I have found maybe every week or so, the tiles stop updating. Popping up the developer window shows no updates coming through until I restart the proxy service again.

Anyone else seeing this or know of a way to have the service auto restart every night, say.

Thanks.

Comment

Can't say I have noticed this. But my HS system backs up every night at 2am and then reboots.

Ocassioanlly video stream tiles from security cameras stop but restring the browser fixes this.

Marty

Comment

HTML code in strings passed to HSMetro

Hello,
                I have a question about rendering of strings from a homeseer device in a HSMetro webpage.
                If I have a long string (eg. a forecast for day and night - from weatherXML), it may look ok in the homeseer device management page, but when it gets loaded into HSMetro, it loses formating and will all be on one line, wrapping at the edge of the tile. I would like to feed a linebreak, so that after the day forecast, the night forecast would start on a new line.
                I have had problems with other special characters as well, like the degree symbol, which shows up as: %deg, not formatted to the actual symbol. (although if part of a string, it will render ok)
                Anyway to get around this, or do I just have to put up with it.
                I am using weatherXML devices, because I haven't got the weather widget to work on my Hometroller - Z (linux)
                Thanks
                Bruce

Comment

THANK YOU!!

First of all, THANK YOU!!!

This is the interface that should in place of the (insert adjective here) 'device status' page in Homeseer.

I recently dove into the rabbit hole known as MagicMirror. The last item I wanted to add was a few HS devices just to show the status. I expected it would take many many hours or work, pots of coffee, and likely a new keyboard after it got flung across the room. Not So! I simply added an iframe module to MagicMirror and pointed it to HSMetro

I'm at a point now where I'm pretty happy with the results, but I do need to adjust a few things mainly padding and resizing items.

I did notice your css files are one long huge string, just not sure why.

Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron19953 View Post
                    I recently dove into the rabbit hole known as MagicMirror.

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by hjk View Post
                        Oh sir, that is SEXY! They should’ve sent a poet!

Can you post some details about how you are doing this Magic Mirror build? Like size, hardware, etc.

Jealous! Thank you for sharing!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Surely!

The Magic Mirror runs on a cheap $35 Raspberry Pi model 3, the screen is an old crap monitor that had been sitting in the corner of my office for years. I built a simple frame to hold the monitor, along with a piece of glass that I applied 1 way mirror tint to.

Most of the info on the mirror are just different components that are designed for magic mirror. It's something that's not particularly hard to do, and the cost is negligible, I've got way less than $100 in it. The only part that was kinda tricky was the homeseer items that I needed to add, but the HSMetro ui solved that after some slight modifications. The bottom panel of the mirror is essentially just showing a browser window in an iframe. Eventually, I swear I'll finish the frame of the mirror by nailing the last pieces together and coat of paint .. but.. SQUIRREL ! I tend to get sidetracked easily

If I'm honest, since buying that Pi to run magic mirror, I bought a second one to run Home Assistant and I've migrated almost all of my items over. Years of HS clunky UI and $40 for every. single. add-on. drove me nuts. Currently using HS for it's events and zwave, home assistant for everything else, and they talk to one another via MQTT.

Links and whatnot:
                        https://magicmirror.builders/
                        https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspb...&keywords=pi+3
                        https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And for giggles, all of the components for HA. If you wanted to share data between HA and HS3 it's very easy with the HA MQtt plugin and the HS3 plugin
                        https://home-assistant.io/components/

Comment

I just started playing with this UI and I am having issues communicating to it. I have been following setting up the proxy server and I have it running and broadcasting on port 11000 and it is connected to remote host 192.168.2.50:11000
                          socket 0 opened.

But I don't see any communication. I am a little confused at this point. I am new to this and don't really know how to use telnet.

I know without communication you can't update the web page.

Also I am using HSTouch. Can you still use your web UI with HStouch or will that not work.

I tried following from post 121 and still can't figure out how to communicate with the server.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Comment

Never mind, I finally figured it out. After hours of tinkering with it, I had to delete the HSproxyService and then rerun all the steps. Now all is good.

Steve

Comment

Anybody could help me installing this directly on my HomeTroller SEL?
                              Here's what I have so far:
                              1- modified the require.config.js to have the Hometroller's IP Address (same in url and ProxyIP) (left port untouched - 8000).
                              2- Transferred the contents of the folder to HomeSeer/html/HSMetro
                              3- installed Node (sudo apt-get install -y nodejs)
                              4- tried installing npm but got the following error

homeseer@hometrollerSEL:/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/HSMetro$ sudo apt-get install npm
                              Reading package lists... Done
                              Building dependency tree
                              Reading state information... Done
                              Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
                              requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
                              distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
                              or been moved out of Incoming.
                              The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
                              npm : Depends: node-gyp (>= 0.10.9) but it is not going to be installed
                              E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
                              5- tried running the service (node proxy.js 192.168.0.106) and this happened:

homeseer@hometrollerSEL:/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/HSMetro$ node proxy.js 192.168.0.106 6512

module.js:340
                              throw err;
                              ^
                              Error: Cannot find module 'faye'
                              at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:338:15)
                              at Function.Module._load (module.js:280:25)
                              at Module.require (module.js:364:17)
                              at require (module.js:380:17)
                              at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/HSMetro/proxy.js:3:12)
                              at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
                              at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)
                              at Module.load (module.js:356:32)
                              at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)
                              at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:497:10)
                              homeseer@hometrollerSEL:/usr/local/HomeSeer/html/HSMetro$
                              Any help would be much appreciated.
                              Last edited by Rko180; June 17, 2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X