xapmcsMultimeter Telemetry for DMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapmcsMultimeter Telemetry for DMM

xapmcsMultimeter provides an interface to the Radio Shack 220-0812 digital multimeter to provide telemetry of the multimeter readings in the form of LAN messages using xAP protocol. The multimeter provides 26 measurement modes (e.g. AC voltage, DC voltage, ohms, etc.). Each of these, when selected on the meter, is transmitted as the raw reading, the rate of change of the reading, the maximum reading and the minimum reading. The content of these messages can be recorded in a database such as is supported by xapmcsDatabase, or accepted in other automation applications such as Homeseer where event logic can be used to trigger other actions.

xapmcsMultimeter will sense the user selections made on the multimeter and automatically report the measurement being made. It will identify the type of measurement, include measurement units, and scale the value as the meter auto-ranges from nano, micro, kilo, and mega. If a capacitance measurement is being made it will be reported in microFarad units in one device and nanoFarad units in another to ease the data collection capabilty of other applications. Similiar handling is done for amperage and voltage.

xapmcsMultimeter will compute the minimum and maximum readings unless the meter is setup to report only maximum or minimum readings. In this case the maximum and minimum reported by xapmcsMultimeter will be maximum or minimum from the meter. When the multimeter is in this mode xapmcsMultimeter will not report a current reading or a rate of change of the reading.

Version History
    ---------------
    1.0.0.1 PR1 Change display date format to use 24 hrs clock if not USA

Available as http://mcsSprinklers.com/xapmcsMultimeter.zip
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; February 21, 2010, 02:48 PM.

Purchased a Radio Shack 220-0812 digital multimeter last week. Will plug it into the Quatech box today. I know there are variances expected. Do you know what standard min/max values should be?

You just gave me a reason to purchase Lantronix WiBox.
    Last edited by Pete; February 21, 2010, 11:16 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Do you know what standard min/max values should be?
      I have not researched it. I think I get quite a bit of variation here, but my location is somewhat remote so the quality of service may not be as good as some more urban areas. Just watching it now. Based upon this morning's data there may of been a load demand as the neighborhood wakes up.

Will plug it into the Quatech box today.
      I did not try it on Quattech, but should be no issue. My testing was with Lantronix EPS12. The WiFi certainly has come down in price over the past year.
      Attached Files

Comment

I guess still a bit paranoid about plugging my DMM into a serial port directly so Quatech for now WLAN in the next few days...I believe I have a Lantronic EPS12 in my retired but not forgotten HW box...could use that too....
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working well with Quatech server. Now to some graphing.

Not sure if configured correctly. I have the application installed on another server. It is reading the voltages fine. I configured the variables on the HS box using the XAP application. It saw the three voltage variables. I saw them initially on my status. I also configured them as variables to graph. Just noticed that the variables are reading zeros right now. Will check configs.

Somehow unchecked some options on XAP main config page. All is well. Thanks Michael.
          Last edited by Pete; February 21, 2010, 06:19 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
          X