www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer IFTTT Channel Integration

HomeSeer IFTTT Channel Integration General Discussion of HomeSeer's IFTTT Channel

Old February 23rd, 2018, 02:32 PM
Seer Deluxe

IFTTT only support on and off triggers?

I noticed that the only an on-and-off option is there a way for sensors to work as well?
Old February 23rd, 2018, 05:37 PM
OverSeer

You can use a virtual HS3 device to trigger IFTTT. For example, if you want IFTTT to trigger a fan to turn on at 77 degrees, create an on/off virtual HS3 device named “Temp is 77”. Then create an HS3 event which turns on the “Temp is 77” device when the temperature reaches 77. Then create an IFTTT recipe; IF “Temp is 77” is ON then turn on Fan switch.

I use this approach to control my attic fan.

Right now, I’m having trouble creating IFTTT recipes with HS3. Let me know if you are able to create a recipe.

Steve Q
Old February 23rd, 2018, 05:55 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Q View Post
You can use a virtual HS3 device to trigger IFTTT. For example, if you want IFTTT to trigger a fan to turn on at 77 degrees, create an on/off virtual HS3 device named “Temp is 77”. Then create an HS3 event which turns on the “Temp is 77” device when the temperature reaches 77. Then create an IFTTT recipe; IF “Temp is 77” is ON then turn on Fan switch.

I use this approach to control my attic fan.

Right now, I’m having trouble creating IFTTT recipes with HS3. Let me know if you are able to create a recipe.

Steve Q
I was able to create a geofence recipe yesterday Thai 2 homeseer to open my garage door when I arrive home. I'm still on the road I'll let you know if it works when I get home today
Old February 23rd, 2018, 08:39 PM
Seer Deluxe

Came home and the garage opened with the recipe created yesterday. So far so good.

BTW: I just happened to be looking into attic fan the other day. How is yours working out?
Old February 24th, 2018, 10:19 AM
OverSeer

The attic fan works great. But I am now controlling it directly with HS3. When I created it about 2 years ago, IFTTT was not very reliable.

For the past few days, I am not able to create an IFTTT recipe that triggers from an HS3 device change. Could you check and see if you can create a recipe using “if an HS3 device turns ON”. None of my devices are showing up. Thanks.

Steve Q
Old February 24th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
The attic fan works great. But I am now controlling it directly with HS3. When I created it about 2 years ago, IFTTT was not very reliable.

For the past few days, I am not able to create an IFTTT recipe that triggers from an HS3 device change. Could you check and see if you can create a recipe using “if an HS3 device turns ON”. None of my devices are showing up. Thanks.

Steve Q

On my Android phone devices are loading just fine.
Old February 24th, 2018, 03:23 PM
OverSeer

Ok, thanks. It must be something about my account or iOS. It is very strange because I can easily create a recipe using “device turned OFF”. I have a ticket in for HS help desk.

Steve Q
Old February 24th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Ok, thanks. It must be something about my account or iOS. It is very strange because I can easily create a recipe using “device turned OFF”. I have a ticket in for HS help desk.

Steve Q
have you tested it in your browser?
Old February 24th, 2018, 06:03 PM
OverSeer

In Chrome IFTTT freezes on the ON trigger screen.

But works on the OFF trigger.

Steve Q
Attached Images

Old February 24th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Seer Deluxe

that is indeed weird, I tested just now and it loaded just fine. Noticed you're using an ipad... Mine was done on a WinPC.
Old February 26th, 2018, 07:04 PM
OverSeer

I tried with Chrome on my win10 desktop. Same problem; it’s not the browser.

I also upgraded HS3 to ver 368. Still not working.

Steve Q
Old March 2nd, 2018, 09:52 AM
OverSeer

I fixed the problem. I discovered a device in HS3 that was not configured. It had no information at all. It was “unknown”. I have seen this before, I think it is simply a device that gets saved before any configuration info is added. When I deleted this device, IFTTT started working properly.

Steve Q
Old March 3rd, 2018, 06:43 PM
Seer Deluxe

I used this a few years ago too, and found it lagged a fair bit. Turns out I need to use it now for some wifi devices. Have you guys got any idea why a lot of my devices don't display? I've got a tonne of virtual devices but they don't show, which makes this functionality poor for me. This is why I ditched it a few years ago. Any ideas?

Cheers

J

Hyper-V 2012 virtual domain - 3 VM's
Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Exchange 2013..