www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer IFTTT Channel Integration

HomeSeer IFTTT Channel Integration General Discussion of HomeSeer's IFTTT Channel

Old February 22nd, 2018, 09:22 AM
OverSeer

HS3 device ON trigger not working with IFTTT

Strangely, the IFTTT HS3 device on trigger does not allow device selection. A “no option” error message is displayed. I cannot create new recipes and my old recipes cannot be edited.

The device OFF trigger is working. The full list of my devices shows and I can select any one of them. So I can create a recipe that triggers when an HS3 device turns OFF but I cannot create a recipe that triggers when an HS3 device turns ON.

This seems to have started after I installed the most recent update of the IFTTT app on my iPad.

Steve Q
Old March 2nd, 2018, 09:49 AM
OverSeer

I fixed the problem. I discovered a device in HS3 that was not configured. It had no information at all. It was “unknown”. I have seen this before, I think it is simply a device that gets saved before any configuration info is added. When I deleted this device, IFTTT started working properly.

Steve Q