This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Plug-In failing...

I needed to change out a failed switch, and went to program and could not add it. In the ensuing issues, I now have no devices other than my INSTEON thermostat that is working. I have tried resetting everything I know to reset, and restored from a backup which brought the databases back, but still no communications with any of my devices. I have included an INSTEON Error Report log file. Any help would be appreciated.

did you get back online? if not, maybe a reset and reprogram of the PLM might help
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I did try resetting the PLM, but was never able to get it working. Is there any way that when I add an existing INSTEON device to read the groups (or scenes in INSTEON parlance?) Adding an existing home to a HomeSeer system is an absolute bear, and any automation would be helpful. Especially when you lose the existing programming completely as I just did.

Comment

did you replace the PLM? if so, there is a "Swap" routine on the config page of the plugin that will reprogram the new plm so you don't have to readd anything
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

No data

I did not swap the PLM as the system appeared to be completely corrupted. When I restored from backup, it still was in a corrupted state. Any time I tried to do make any setting changes I lost all of my INSTEON devices. Hence my question about how to fix corruption.

I will be starting completely from scratch with a new system and a fresh install of all software.

I would really appreciate a way to auto-discover devices on a network, adding groups automatically when a new device is added, and some sort of bulk-add mode (possibly importing a CSV file.) Finally, some competing products to HomeSeer in the INSTEON market automatically program Scenes (Groups) so that all the keypad buttons control the scene. This saves multiple steps in programming a scene when there are multiple controllers.

Comment

there is no autodiscovery in my plugin

if you have a good insteon.ini, you can put that into the homeseer\config folder and when you start the plugin, it will recreate the necessary hs devices and groups.

if you have a good insteon.ini and homeseer.hsd (from the same backup), you can restore both and get back to a working insteon setup.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Insteon Plug In Failing Again

The Plug-in was stable for a couple of days. Version .25 started failing yesterday and version .28 is failing today. I have gotten no responses fro devices from 3 PM to 9PM.

Comment

system restart is temporary solution

A system restart typically solves the non-response problem for a while, but it is completely impractical to wait until there are problems and then manually restart all of Home Seer.

Comment

Originally posted by Minneapolis Mark View Post
                  A system restart typically solves the non-response problem for a while, but it is completely impractical to wait until there are problems and then manually restart all of Home Seer.

There are event action to restart the plugin without restarting hs

But I don't understand the issue or you setup.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                  X