XML HTTP RESTful API for HS3 - Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Are you running HS3 as a service? If so, this is the cause.

I think I read somewhere that people have got ASPX pages to work as a service if you install HS3 into a drive root directory (i.e C:\HS3) rather than its default (Program Files (x86)\Homeseer HS3).
    Oh dear! I am running it as a service!
    Balls!

You're right! Removing it as a service fixed the problem! Damn! What's the best way to move to the root? Reinstall?!

Additionally though, anytime I try to send requests to list anything, such as devices or events, the web browser comes back with a blank screen. No info being displayed.

I can activate events and devices though, and get the true or false info back...so not sure why I can't list devices this way :/

Not a big deal, at least I can control them...but it would be nice to list em!
    Last edited by amp3d; January 17, 2016, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Rather than reinstalling, do you have another PC you can put a trial of HS3 on to prove the concept?

Also, have you looked at using JSON or ASCII commands which is built into Homeseer?

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._with_json.htm

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...nk/default.htm
      Jon

Comment

Rather than reinstalling, do you have another PC you can put a trial of HS3 on to prove the concept?

Also, have you looked at using JSON or ASCII commands which is built into Homeseer?

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._with_json.htm

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...nk/default.htm
        Wow, I didn't even think of using JSON commands. I gave it a try, and JSON works great from within my web browser...unfortunately, I wasn't able to get it to work through Eventghost? The script in this thread however, seemed to work perfectly when called through a python script within eventghost.

I'll do as you recommend installing the trial on another pc and go from there.

You're so full of great ideas! Thanks! lol

Comment

Just interested why you are using Eventghost now you have Homeseer?
          Jon

Comment

Just interested why you are using Eventghost now you have Homeseer?
            Just thought I'd point out I figured out the JSON control through Eventghost, so I think you solved my problem for me! I appreciate it!

Well, I'm an old vera user trying to make the transition. One of the the main reasons I purchased the vera years ago was to incorporate into my home theatre. Of course, I'm now starting extending the zwave usage beyond that, but the HTPC was my main goal.

Vera had plugins that allowed for direct control of devices and events through eventghost. I haven't been able to find a direct HS3 plugin for Eventghost yet.

I know there are some HS/Kodi plugins from spud which I have tried, but I really wanted the zwave fully integrated with other HTPC apps I may be running. With Eventghost, I can create htpc triggers, whether that be XBMC/KODI actions, or usenet downloads etc...and associate them with the HS3 devices/scenes.

I must say, until you suggested the JSON option this morning, I was questioning whether or not HS3 was going to be too advanced for me! I'm really excited I got it working now via JSON and Python script!

Thank you so much!

If you know of even better ways to control hs3 devices then by all means let me know. But as of right now, this looks pretty streamline to me.

I might see if I can make a simple EventGhost plugin that will make it even more streamline for others!

Comment

Hey everyone!

Sorry for no posts in a long while! Party to blame is this forum is also terrible at sending email notifications of replies! But to the point! I built this script out of the necessity to fix a problem I was having some years back and have encouraged people to adopt it and fork it if need be (Yes, probably buggy as some users have seen).

But I just wanted to chime in on another reason I haven't continued development on this recently. HomeSeer now has an official JSON API: http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._with_json.htm

It would be safe to say the new official JSON API is the best course of action for a real workable API for HS3 going forward now.
              Last edited by RedTechie; June 6, 2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arthurmnev View Post
                The problems you describe below are due to buggy code.
                I'm doing a major refresh on this and will publish it in a few days.

The code that I'll be posting will have much improved error handling, formatting, and major corrections to CAPI handling...
                Did this refresh ever get published?

Comment

Anyone know any updates on this?

Comment

I've started using this and I think it's awesome, I'm using it to get homeseer information onto my magic Mirror. I would like to read the value of a string of a device by id. Is this possible?

Comment

Working...
                    X