Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing a setting in the setting.ini file and have it take effect.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing a setting in the setting.ini file and have it take effect.

I am having problems with the email checking of HS 2.0. After about 4 hours the thread hangs and it nearly locks up the CPU (fortunately I have hyper threading).

I can use &hs.saveinisetting"Settings","pop_enable_check",0,"" to turn it off in the settings.ini file, but it does not really take effect. The value in the settings.ini file does change, but if you look at the setup web page, it is still checking the emails and the thread remains locked.

Now you can change an ini setting in HS phone and then make it take effect by running a hsp.RestoreSettings command, but I don't see how to manually make something take effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill

~Bill

You have to restart HS for the change to be acted upon

Originally posted by Bill Brower
    I am having problems with the email checking of HS 2.0. After about 4 hours the thread hangs and it nearly locks up the CPU (fortunately I have hyper threading).

I can use &hs.saveinisetting"Settings","pop_enable_check",0,"" to turn it off in the settings.ini file, but it does not really take effect. The value in the settings.ini file does change, but if you look at the setup web page, it is still checking the emails and the thread remains locked.

Now you can change an ini setting in HS phone and then make it take effect by running a hsp.RestoreSettings command, but I don't see how to manually make something take effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill
    HS seems to only load SETTINGS.INI once when it starts up; any changes after that will be ignored. When you make changes, exit and restart HS and then they'll do whatever it is they do.

Comment

In fact it is best to stop Homeseer before you try to edit the ini file - that way you are sure it will not overwrite the changes you just made.

Comment

Working...
      X