Possible new motorized blinds option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible new motorized blinds option

I have read tons of threads on motorized blinds and tilt options for controling blinds so I figured I'd toss this company into the mix. They are selling products that control tilt and/or up-down functions of various types of blinds. While I have not purchased their products they seem to have products that most of the threads speak of. I also do not represent this company in any way.

I have contacted Dennis Lister and he said they would be interested in working with the HomeSeer community on a Group buy. (Board Mods - please let me know if that would not be allowed)

I requested permission from Dennis to list his firm and contact information for the HomeSeer boards benefit, he approved.

Dennis suggested they can sell the motor solutions directly with remotes and other accessories.

1-866-44MOTOR
    www.delmotorizedsolutions.com

I requested information on specifically the tilt motor for a 2" Wood Blind, below follows his response:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We manufacture high quality motorized window treatments and ship them throughout the country. The installation can be performed by most homeowners, contractors, etc. Our battery operated blinds (motorized tilt) are far superior to our competition. The electronics in our blinds allow the long life batteries to last an average of 3 years (other companies average 1 year), easy to change when needed. With our radio control option, blinds can be controlled individually and all at once.

Motors come with a five-year warranty.

We have a "do it yourself" kit to motorize your own blinds $125.00 each. A remote control is $100.00 (only one needed to operate multiple blinds). If you would like us to install the kits for you the labor charge is $50.00

Can I answer any questions for you?

Contact me at any time by e-mail or call toll free 1-866-44MOTOR

About us:

Our electronic components are the most sophisticated on the market. With our optional controls, shades/blinds will have the ability to run individually, as a group, and all at once. Products can seamlessly communicate together allowing many styles (drapes, shades (light filtering, blackout and solar), blinds, Romans, etc.) of treatments to be used throughout the project, while utilizing a central control.

Window treatments can be controlled by an unlimited amount of sources including:

Switches
    Control panels
    Automation systems (Our system will translate RS232 as well as having contact closures)
    Audio Video systems
    Remote control
    Alarm systems
    X10
    Sun Sensors
    Timers"

Sorry to make this so long winded, however, they really do seem like a strong possiblity. If we all see this as a solution, perhaps they will work on discounting to us.

4thchild!!

The link is dead.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Seems to be working now.

gk

Comment

Just as a comparison, http://www.justblinds.com sells a faux wood blind 31W X 80" high with a motorized tilt for only $135 delivered. That $75 for the tilter. So I think these add on tilters would need to come in at or below this preinstalled prices.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, it does appear to be on the expensive side, however I wonder if there is volume here that could help us all?? I'll ask how many we would need to purchase to get to the $75 dollar mark then!!

Comment

I am in contact with a Dennis Lister at DEL Motorized Solutions since it was a bit unclear as to what they offer. I wasn't sure if they had after-market units or complete blind sets.

He indicates that they have retrofit units, but is requesting specific data.

I am sending him some info for my blinds, but asked for some general info, including pricing and asked if I could post info here.

gk

Comment

I also spoke with Dennis, here is my question to him and his reply:

>I posted your information on the board. General consensus appears to
              >be about $75.00 per windows for the add on tilter motor only would
              >generate some strong interest. How many do it yourself kits would our
              >group need to purchase to get to that pricing??

The units themselves could be brought down to that price if they were purchase in quantities of 50 or more. The problem is that you will also need a multi link (one per project) to be a bridge to communicate to the blinds (multi link converts RS232, contact closure, and IR to radio and transmits to the blinds receiver). If you don't use a multi link then the blind will only operate using a remote control or keypad (no integration). The multi link is in the $400.00 area. Sounds like this would put the product out of the price range. Thoughts? Dennis Lister

>I would bet you folks would have a workaround to the multi link and I would likely buy at least 10 myself.
              4thchild
              Last edited by ; August 15, 2006, 01:31 PM.

Comment

So the motor units are actually controlled by RF? What freq are we talking about here? Could the ACRF maybe control these?

Comment

http://www.remotecontrolcurtain.com/product1.html

Comment

Working...
                  X