This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about this Leopard Users

Is anyone intrested in a project to develop scripts etc to control the leopard entirly from Homeseer?

I Am in the prosess of completly redoing my leopard touch screen controls. I am writing to the screen from HS Scripts and reading screen touches from HS Scripts.

I paint the screen of the leopard with information from HS and alow the user to touch the words to perform the relevent actions etc. I am in the very bigining stages of doing this but it is working very well.

We could all work together and share our ideas and scripts to hopfuly end up with a great solution.

I will post my scripts here in the next few days.

Andrew..

I like the your idea of controlling the Leopard screen, which would allow 'text' variables (the lack of which, IMO, is the biggest shortfall of the Leopard) . . .

. . . but what happens to the program running in the leopard (the cpu/xa part) ?

I use my Leopard to run my HVAC and (soon) security . . . functions I would not trust to a computer running a MS operating system.

Seems like a 'combo' approach might be best for me, but does this fit in with your idea ?

I'm a realative newbie w/HS, but have been using the ADI stuff for 3 or so years now . . . I would like to help out where I can . . .

Pete C

Comment

Let the CMAX program run as if it was just an OCELOT. the screen portion however is under Homeseer control !!!

Comment

This weekend..

Andrewb

Fast, Secure, Reliable, Profitable, Satisfaction.

Comment

Andrew,
          I am also interested in what you are doing. I have been working on something similar, but have run into a problem with key or button presses that Rich has been able to duplicate. When using the Leopard Screen Device in Homeseer to read the value of the button presses, if you press a button and note its value in the Homeseer GUI interface for the Leopard Screen Device, after some period of time (anywhere from several minutes to sometimes a day) you will note that the value changes by itself without anyone using the screen. The value changes usually to 255 but frequently changes to 0 or 42 I have noticed. Rich has sent an e-mail to Dan Boone and Kevin Barrett at Applied Digital and as far as I can tell so far is still awaiting for a response from them. This could be a real problem, because if the value that the Leopard Screen Device reports changes on its own, then whatever item that button controls will get executed when you don't want it to be. Could be kind of dangerous depending on what you are controlling !!!!! You might want to experiment with this and let me know what you come up with. Like I said it has been verified as a problem by Rich Helmke of Homeseer. Let me know what your thoughts are and have a great new year and looking forward to seeing what you are doing with the Leopard Panels.

Comment

Andrew,
            I am also interested in what you are doing. I have been working on something similar, but have run into a problem with key or button presses that Rich has been able to duplicate. When using the Leopard Screen Device in Homeseer to read the value of the button presses, if you press a button and note its value in the Homeseer GUI interface for the Leopard Screen Device, after some period of time (anywhere from several minutes to sometimes a day) you will note that the value changes by itself without anyone using the screen. The value changes usually to 255 but frequently changes to 0 or 42 I have noticed. Rich has sent an e-mail to Dan Boone and Kevin Barrett at Applied Digital and as far as I can tell so far is still awaiting for a response from them. This could be a real problem, because if the value that the Leopard Screen Device reports changes on its own, then whatever item that button controls will get executed when you don't want it to be. Could be kind of dangerous depending on what you are controlling !!!!! You might want to experiment with this and let me know what you come up with. Like I said it has been verified as a problem by Rich Helmke of Homeseer. Let me know what your thoughts are and have a great new year and looking forward to seeing what you are doing with the Leopard Panels.

I have been running my system this way for about 3 weeks now without any of the issues you are reporting? I am using the ADIOCELOT plugin. I have never used the Stock HS Plugin. Please let me know more about this problem as it may affect me to some time.

Value 255 is the touch anyware button? are you running any CMAX code?
            The only CMAX code i am running is some timers. i.e. I have a few veriables set aside in the leopard which are setup as second min and hour timers in otherwords if i have homeseer set a value on one of these veriables such as 5 on the min timer after 5 min it changes back to 0. I use these for all sorts of things. very usful. I also have a secu16 and secu16IR and an number of temp bobcats. I run a small CMAX code snipit for the temp Bobcats to pass the correct temp reading to a veriable. This is use from within homeseer to display temp on the HAI tstats for outside temp. I do not use any X10 functionality on the leopard i am using a CM11a on another COM port on the HS Server for the X10. I also have a W80032 for motion sensors and remotes it works like a charm. The only thing i would like to improve apon is the X10 performance. I know that it is slow at best but i am thinking that a newer device to replace the CM11a may improve things such as maby a USB product.

I am working on a script currently to have the leopard control the voice mail playback etc. sofar i have everything working except the delete and skip options. should get that done this weekend.

Comment

Andrew,
              You mentioned that you were going to post your scripts and I was just wondering when you might be posting them. I look forward to working with you on getting some good Leopard Support going as far as scripts go. By the way, I am using Homeseer's Ocelot Plug-In and this is where I am seeing the issue that I mentioned above in these posts. Looking forward to hearing from you soon !!!

Comment

I was bogged down with Honey DO Stuff all last week and weekend. And now I am out on the road Work stuff

I will post my scripts as soon as I get back to the house and can spend some time on the computer

Comment

Well after spending much time on this project I have come to the conclusion that the Leopard would be best when the screens are setup in cmax with the ICON bitmaps etc (It looks much better this way) then using Homeseer to detect the lepord button touches. Then a CMAX program to watch Veriable changes to update the button icons. ie using button icons to display Homeseer events via veriable value set by homeseer will allow for much better looking screen layout. But the more i work on this the more I wish i just had a PC with a touch screen and using somthing that would obviously look and perform much better.

Andrew

Comment

Andrew,
                    How are you doing with your Leopard scripts and Leopard stuff in general. I have been really busy and haven't had much time to work with the Leopard stuff much !!!! Let me know how you are doing and if you could send me some sample scripts/CMAX code to get me on the correct track, that would be great !!!!!! TIA !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X