No announcement yet.

Polling time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh. I was wondering what Autelis was? especially as it had action type "poll devices" I will try it out

Comment

Hi Spud,
      The poll seems to be working fine. I am managing to do what I wanted on my HS3Touch. At first I though the polling was slow (a few seconds) but then I realized that it seem to be quick on the Homeseer web page and the delay is the time the update is sent to the HS3Touch app on my iPhone.

Also, when I did the plugin update it seems to have deleted the name of one of my thermostats (I have 8 in all)? I re entered it and it was ok.

Comment

I just updated to the latest plugin version. what has changed from version 3.0.0.10 to 3.0.0.11. It is now very slow

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
          I just updated to the latest plugin version. what has changed from version 3.0.0.10 to 3.0.0.11. It is now very slow
          In version 3.0.0.11, I added a one second delay between each thermostat when polling. This is to avoid some "buffer full" errors, read this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193486

Comment

something else seems to be broken. see log
            Attached Files

Comment

something else seems to be broken. see log
              It looks like the plugin can't connect to your GT125 interface, make you sure it is online and that the IP set in the config page is the correct one.

Comment

Strange. My IP adress is ok. It worked the first minutes than stooped. I restarted my homeseer. Also re authentificated the GT125. I created some events that would poll when I changed the settings,b ut I have them disabled. Not quite sure what to do next??

Comment

when it stops working, if you disable/enable the plugin does it work again after that?

can you provide a debug log of what you get when you start the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    when it stops working, if you disable/enable the plugin does it work again after that?

can you provide a debug log of what you get when you start the plugin?
                    It will not restart see log
                    Attached Files

Comment

I cannot get the plugin to work. Tried to uninstall and reinstall. It worked for a few minutes and then stopped responding. I do not know what to do next. I restated my homeseer a few times. Do I need to re authetificate Sinope when I re install?

Comment

the logs indicate a network problem, for some reason the plugin can't connect to your GT125

when the problem happens, can you ping the ip of your GT125 from your HS machine? can you access the local web interface from a browser on your HS machine: http://<ip of your GT125>

try to disable any antivirus and/or firewall running on your HS machine.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          the logs indicate a network problem, for some reason the plugin can't connect to your GT125

when the problem happens, can you ping the ip of your GT125 from your HS machine? can you access the local web interface from a browser on your HS machine: http://<ip of your GT125>

try to disable any antivirus and/or firewall running on your HS machine.
                          I think I found the problem. I have an event (see pictue) that polls everytime there is a setpoint change. When I set to home or away I guess it polls 8 times (8 thermostats) in a row which for some reason will cause a crash and stops communication. I disabled the event and all works fine.

I do not quite understand the change you made in the latest plugin release. When I set to home or away the change is done instantly on the 8 thermostats, but in my HS3Touch I see the changes take 1 second intervals on each thermostats and after 8 seconds I will see the home/away status change. I thought the delay you added was affecting the time to update the thermostats?
                          EDIT: I just reviewed your previous post and it answers my question. So a poll is performed on each thermostat when set home/away. Do you also poll the Gt125? If so would it be possible to poll the GT125 before the thermostats? Reason is that it takes 8 seconds after I press home/away to get a confirmation of the home away status
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Jack; February 11, 2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I think I found the problem. I have an event (see pictue) that polls everytime there is a setpoint change. When I set to home or away I guess it polls 8 times (8 thermostats) in a row which for some reason will cause a crash and stops communication. I disabled the event and all works fine.

I do not quite understand the change you made in the latest plugin release. When I set to home or away the change is done instantly on the 8 thermostats, but in my HS3Touch I see the changes take 1 second intervals on each thermostats and after 8 seconds I will see the home/away status change. I thought the delay you added was affecting the time to update the thermostats?
                            EDIT: I just reviewed your previous post and it answers my question. So a poll is performed on each thermostat when set home/away. Do you also poll the Gt125? If so would it be possible to poll the GT125 before the thermostats? Reason is that it takes 8 seconds after I press home/away to get a confirmation of the home away status
                            yes the GT125 is polled at the end of the polling sequence. I guess I could poll it at the beginning of the sequence instead...

I tried to create an event similar to yours and I wasn't able to replicate any crash? What exactly is crashing? the plugin? HS3? the GT125 interface?
                            The way it's coded right now, if polling is triggered while a polling sequence is already running, then it is ignored, so that should prevent useless traffic.

Comment

- Its not the GT125 as I can still control via the Neviweb
                              - The plugin status appears as ok
                              - my HS3 still operates for other systems such as my UPB lights

Everything appears normal. Whether I try to change setpoints, modes away/home from ether HS3Touch or the web interface it simply does not respond and generates the error logs.

The way I managed to get it working again was by re installing the plugin and restarting my Zee S2. The first time I set it home/away or do a setpoint change (not quite sure which one causes the problem) it will stop responding and generating the log errors

At least by disabling the event the plugin is now usable.

I also do a polling request when I enter in my HS3 thermostat menu page on my iPhone. Maybe I am doing to many pollings. Also in my case I have 8 thermostats. So when I set it to home/away will this action trigger my event to poll 8 times on top of the polls that the plugin will do?
                              Last edited by Jack; February 12, 2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

So tonight I re created the event to confirm it is really the issue since the plugin update. The event is the cause.
                                With the event activated:

- I can set home/away but it has really bogged down. It takes about 20 seconds to complete but no error in logs

- I can change thermostat modes ((manual, auto) it works but again it has boggded down but no log errors

-When I change temperature setpoints now the logs indicate errors (as previously posted)

To get things working normally again I disable the event and do a system restart

Comment

Working...
                                X