This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    I cannot find my Omni V.26 or V.27 updates because none of the zip files when updating are being saved anymore in the most current builds of Homeseer 3.

I only backed up the Homeseer directory when upgrading versions of Homeseer.

Checking old Omni updater txt files update downloads the old dropbox links / files do not exist anymore from November-December 2017.
    I *think* it appears that newer Homeseer updates are deleting directories unknown to it. I.e. Omni backup directories. I haven't verified this yet but my backups on the Zee are gone as well after a Homeseer update. Is that what you're seeing on your end also Pete?
    <style></style>

Comment

Rob,

Looks like the reconnection issue has returned. After any sort of connectivity disruption between the panel and HS (such as during my virtual snaps) the system loses connectivity and does not reconnect. If you remember this happened a few versions ago but was fixed.

Worked in 3.0.2.4
      Broken in 3.0.2.8

Any thoughts?

M

Comment

The deletion of the updates directory stuff started way back last year sometime.

Here do a manual HomeSeer directory backup. Never utilize the Homeseer backup tools here.

Probably the best way to get a backup of the Omni Zip file is to get it when you first download it and before you install it.

[ATTACH]68493[/ATTACH]
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
          Rob,

Looks like the reconnection issue has returned. After any sort of connectivity disruption between the panel and HS (such as during my virtual snaps) the system loses connectivity and does not reconnect. If you remember this happened a few versions ago but was fixed.

Worked in 3.0.2.4
          Broken in 3.0.2.8

Any thoughts?

M
          I'll do a 'diff' on the code between those versions and see what I can find out.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

whats the easiest way to revert back to 3.0.2.4? i don't see a download for it in the old thread

Comment

Shut down Homeseer and copy the Omni executable posted above to the HomeSeer root directory, reboot your Homeseer box.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

*** My development machine is currently down. It was actually my old D525 that I used for HS2. I upgraded the HD and memory and picopsu. Right now, it only powers on for a few mins and then powers off.

That said, I have a new fanless AcePC coming that will be my primary development server. I've also been testing out a Windows 10 VM to see which would be easier.

I should be back up before the weekend and will get an update out asap.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

@Rob,

Had similar issue with a family's PC last week here. It was the RTC / BIOS battery. I have never seen a bad battery prevent the PC from booting.

The old FoxConn D525 computer is still ticking here.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      ha! Funny story...

I started with the company I work for 25yrs ago. Back then, source code control was just starting to become necessity. We had a running joke that we used the ARU source code control system, which is "Hey, Are You editing this code?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        @Rob,

Had similar issue with a family's PC last week here. It was the RTC / BIOS battery. I have never seen a bad battery prevent the PC from booting.

The old FoxConn D525 computer is still ticking here.
                        Hmmmm.... I didnt try the battery.

I ran a PicoPSU 80w for years on the D525. I thought maybe it had died, so I tried a 120w PicoPSU. It still just powers on for a few mins, then shuts down.

Comment

Could also be an exploding capacitor. I have only seen this with Intel motherboards and never a Foxconn.

The exploding capacitor thing usually starts the PC and dies run away.

That said I use one D525 in one car and have an old D470 in the other car.

Would you sell your D525 to me as is? Don't need the case here. Just the motherboard.

I can try to fix it here to replace the current D470 Atom CPU.

I am looking to go from embedded XP to W7 64 bit on the car PC.

Here is a picture of the car PC. Took it out today to run check disk and defrag on it as it's been booting a tad slow.

It uses an automotive style picoPSU and the accessory ignition on to power on and off.

The carpc is now over 10 years old. Entire music collection is on the hard drives. It connects to a bus device and comes up on the car HU menu. It uses Microsoft SAPI and a GPS program (which is better than the automobile GPS).

[ATTACH]68519[/ATTACH]

Updated motherboard with a 2550 instead with 4Gb of RAM. If you want to send me the motherboard I can probably fix it here.
                          Last edited by Pete; May 2, 2018, 07:25 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm running HS3 on a laptop primarily to gain better control/access to my Omni Pro. If I backup from HS3 Web Interface Tools->Setup->Config "Backup Config", will it backup everything about the Omni Plugin that I need backed up in case I need to roll back?

Comment

Originally posted by jchotz View Post
                              I'm running HS3 on a laptop primarily to gain better control/access to my Omni Pro. If I backup from HS3 Web Interface Tools->Setup->Config "Backup Config", will it backup everything about the Omni Plugin that I need backed up in case I need to roll back?
                              No - that is strictly a backup of HS devices and events.

If you're on Windows, just backup the entire subfolder for HomeSeer HS3 and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                                No - that is strictly a backup of HS devices and events.

If you're on Windows, just backup the entire subfolder for HomeSeer HS3 and you should be fine.
                                What do I backup for my Zee? I have Winscp to get access to it.
                                Thanks!
                                <style></style>

Comment

Working...
                                X