No announcement yet.

How to backup Z-NET image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just a ZNet, not a Zee. But it's entirely possible that I could get by with a trial of a ZeeS2 if I can register it as a remote interface on my HS server...

Comment

Well the ZNet is more propietary HST stuff. Not sure if there is an image of the ZNet available for download. None the less the meat of the ZWave configuration is in the firmware of the ZWave device and on the HS3 mothership. The ZNet is just a fancy HS3 propietary transport interface GUI using a serial to ethernet connection that talks to a HS3 Windows or Linux box.

BTW and personally I would back up the ZNET working MicroSD card for DR and archival purposes and scotch tape the SD card to the RPi box.

You can just DIY install the ZWave device to a Stretch image and write a configuration to it using serial to ethernet. The Homeseer mothership will see it exactly the same as a ZNet device. IE: the nodes and all of the configuration will be identical as in the ZNet. Linux to Linux. Not sure if this works in Linux to Windows mode though. It might.
      Last edited by Pete; July 14, 2018, 01:25 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

But it's entirely possible that I could get by with a trial of a ZeeS2 if I can register it as a remote interface on my HS server...

no. You would have to make the ZeeS2 not autostart HS3 and make the ZWave device a serial to ethernet device (which is only one line in the configuration of the RPi boot configuration file) to make it a remote interface for your HS Server.

Is your main HS3 mothership running in Windows or Linux?

Thinking the mothership HS3 ZWave interface looks the same in Windows and Linux. It is just the IP and port that matters here.

[ATTACH]69951[/ATTACH]
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
          IDoes anyone have a link to an HS image?
          https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...9&postcount=39

Comment

Now with a working SD card image, back it up to a duplicate card so in case of DR it is a matter of just switching cards such that you will not have to deal with this in the future.

Seen bit writing to an SD card can be a bit time consuming whatever OS you utilize.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

backup of z-net - AU ??

on the homeseer zwave interface comparison table
              it lists “backup and restore” for z-net device ... but shows “US”
              .. this implies that for those of us in aus (or eur) with respective z-net versions
              .. we cant backup the zwave config?
              is this correct?
              given the various experiences in this & other threads ... it appears highly recommended to backup zwave config.

(ive just purchased a z-net device .... and about to install... )

Comment

Working...
              X