Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature request: Message sending directly...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request: Message sending directly...

Hi Eric,

That feature would be quite easy to add. I will add it to the roadmap and it will definitely be added in the next release.

Regards,
    George

Comment

Would this be an accurate description of your requirements:
      "Allow the sending of ad-hoc messages for display on all or selected individual Rokus directly from the RokuSeer Control page."

Comment

Hello George,

yes, that`s the perfect description of my wish !

Sorry, my english isn`t that good.

Maybe you can add also a box for selecting how long this message will show up on the soundbridge ?

Thanks a lot.

Another question:

I am on the way to buy one of those HomeTrollers.

Will your Plugin work on that also?

Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

I've added the note about being able to specify all the message parameters when displaying from the control page.

I think the plug-ins should function in a Hometroller as long as it supports networking which I think it must. Let me know how you get on with it - I'm interested to know if it works.

Regards,
          George

Comment

Hi Eric,

The change you requested to display messages from the Roku control page is functionaly complete. I just need to tidy up the page layout, do some some more testing and make a release for submission to the updater.

Expect a new version sometime early next week. I'll keep you updated.

Regards,
            George

Comment

Hi George,

thank you very much for this quick modification.

Your PlugIn is very usefull for me.

I really like it.

Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

How will you use this new feature? Will you send similar messages every time? Would it be useful to be able to save the message and display settings as a preference? Or do you need a drop-down list of favorite messages?

Apart from that it's done.

Regards,
                George

Comment

Screendump of the new Roku Control page:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good ideas,

Hi George

-Will you send similar messages every time?
                    > No I like your idea to make it possible to save some ( not all...) messages

-Would it be useful to be able to save the message and display settings as a preference?
                    > Yes, but not every one ! Maybe saving with a standard display setting as no other setting is chosen ?

-Or do you need a drop-down list of favorite messages?
                    > Is this not the same option as above ?

-Eric

Comment

George,

can you make it that the text-style is falling back in the standart style after showing the message send from your roku-site?

Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

I have just submitted version 1.7 of RokuSeer to HomeSeer so it should appear in the updater in a day or so.

This includes your requested features plus a couple of other enhancements.

Regards,
                        George

Comment

Hi George,

thank you for this perfect support.

Just received my HomeTroller today and will test your pluin as soon as I installed the HT.

I`ll report back to you.

-Eric

Comment

Problem with version .17 on hometroller

George,

I just try to install and activate the plugin on my new HT.

Get this error message:

Server Error in '/' Application. <HR width="100%" color=silver SIZE=1>

Object variable or With block variable not set.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set.

Source Error:

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.</CODE> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                            Stack Trace:

<TABLE width="100%" bgColor=#ffffcc><TBODY><TR><TD><CODE>

[NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set.] Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Container..ctor(Objec t Instance) +165 Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGe t(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) +167 _RokuControl.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1342 System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +80 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +49 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3745
                            </PRE></CODE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>
                            <HR width="100%" color=silver SIZE=1>Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42
                            <!-- [NullReferenceException]: Object variable or With block variable not set. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ct or(Object Instance) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGe t(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack) at _RokuControl.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)[HttpUnhandledException]: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at ASP.rokuseer_rokucontrol_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.W eb.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)-->

Comment

Hi Eric,

Could you try the following:

Open the HS Web Interface
                              Go to Setup
                              Go to Interfaces
                              Check that the RokuSeer interface is enabled
                              Click on the Config button next to the RokuSeer plug-in

Does the Roku config page come up?
                              Can you configure the SoundBridge?

Thanks,
                              George

Comment

Working...
                              X