Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EON Energy Meter

Hi Bert,

I am in the UK and have a EON electricity monitor (can't see any model no. written on it) which transmits on 433MHz to a display/receiver. My RFXtrx433 picks up the input devices from the received RF and shows the devices as:
    RFXCOM Sensor Messages Panel INPUT[1]Q
    CM119,CM160 instant power ELEC2[56498]p
    CM119,CM160 Battery Status ELEC2[56498]L
    I attach a screenshot of the input devices page.

The value being displayed though for the instantaneous power is not the same as being displayed on the EON receiver display. I have also captured data from the serial display of the receiver/display and verified that this matches what is displayed on the screen.
    Typically, the RFX input device shows a lower reading e.g. 375W on RFX when 500W on EON display.

Having said that, I have had the oven recently and now the RFX value is showing 2816W although the true EON reading is now 480W.

Any ideas what could be going wrong? Any further config that is required?

(Addendum: Just restarted the RFX plugin and th value has dropped to a more relaistic value but still low. Now it shows 289W v EON value of 480W)

USB RFXtrx. Hardware ver 1.0. Firmware level is: 64
    RFXCOM plugin 15.0.0.18

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files

It is not sure the EON device is the same as the CM119/160

Does the RFXCOM device change at the same time as the EON device display value changes?
    Is the total power (ELEC2[56498]o) not available?

Comment

The display updates every 6 seconds. The red led on the transmitter attached to the electric cable also flashes every 6 seconds.
      Refreshing the HS status page sees the Instantaneous value change at random intervals. Mostly every 30 seconds or so but I have also seen an update after 12 seconds.

Yes, there is also an "o" - total power - device but I haven't created a device from this as I am not interested in this value. I did so temporarily and received a really large number, so looked like a running cumulative value.

Comment

Create the total power device to see if that displays a correct value.

Other test to be done:
        disconnect the RFXtrx433 in Homeseer,
        Start RFXmngr

Check de values displayed in RFXmngr with the EON display.
        What is the signal strength? 4 is (too) low, 5 is marginal, 6 and above is OK

Comment

The totalpower device gives:
          13628130.000Wh (seems high?)

Using RFXmngr the values displayed also don't match the EON display. The values decoded match those displayed by the RFXCom plugin.

The signal strength is 5.

I wonder then if this EON meter has a slightly different protocol.

I have tried repositioning the transmitter but still can't get above 5. The batteries were replaced not so long ago.

Comment

You can't use the EON device if there is no fixed relation between the numbers displayed in RFXmngr and the EON display.

Comment

OK, thanks for the help anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X