No announcement yet.

strange behavior with night occupancy mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

every time i go to the program setup, it changes the heat setpoint to 66 regardless of what is on the program screen (like on #8 above)
    That is very strange. Do you have more than one thermostat? Are you using the plugin's SetRegister method in any events?

Comment

i have two omnistat2 units. they are assigned different addresses (1 & 2). i'm not using the SetRegister method

i think i may have to reset the unit and then reprogram it.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I'm assuming then that your other stat is not exhibiting these issues.

Let us know how the reset works for you.

Comment

i didn't reset the unit, but i did change the programming directly on stat again and the issue seems to be resolved. changing to night mode seems to set the temp correctly
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Comment

I wanted to followup on this topic...

it seems like the Omnistat2 Occupancy mode uses the temps set in the programming, and just allows the plugin to change the mode but not the temps.

so when i change a Day Setpoint in the plugin, it does not change the programming on the omnistat2 , correct?

should i change the mode on the omnistat2 to None so that the plugin will set the temps accordingly
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,
                On the Omnistat2, If you change any of the occupancy temp device values (i.e. Day Heat Setpoint), the plugin will change the corresponding value on the thermostat programming. I confirmed this behavior on my RC-2000.

If this is not working for you, then let me know what method you are using to change the device value.

Comment

Kirby,
                  well now its working as you described. I stood in from of each stat and changed a few different set points via hstouch and the changes were reflected on the stat Program screen.

are there any plugin triggers that i can use when a transmission error occurs between the plugin and the stat? this might be the only way i can determine when i'm having this issue.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

are there any plugin triggers that i can use when a transmission error occurs between the plugin and the stat? this might be the only way i can determine when i'm having this issue.
                    There aren't any triggers. You could turn on Comm error logging. Maybe one of the log plugins could screen for the comm errors and notify you.

Comment

Working...
                    X