Kodi not detected (Linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodi not detected (Linux)

I have the Kodi plugin installed, and it starts, but no Kodi clients are detected. I have avahi installed and running on the Ubuntu HomeSeer host.

HomeSeer version 3.0.0.357
    Plugin version: 3.0.1.9
    Mono version: 4.2.1

I've followed the instructions on configuring the Kodi client, and I see that the HS box receives the mDNS packets:
    Code:
    12:15:53.695931 IP6 fe80::1ceb:59a4:e580:546d.5353 > ff02::fb.5353: 0 [4q] [4n] ANY (QU)? OfficeMac._http._tcp.local. ANY (QU)? OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp.local. ANY (QU)? OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp.local. ANY (QU)? OfficeMac._xbmc-events._udp.local. (227)
    `.................Y...Tm.......................B............	OfficeMac._http._tcp.local.....	OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc-h......	OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc......	OfficeMac._xbmc-events._udp.!.......!.....x.........pequin.!.,.!.....x...........L.!.....x......#....j.!.....x......&1..
    12:15:53.948276 IP6 fe80::1ceb:59a4:e580:546d.5353 > ff02::fb.5353: 0 [4q] [4n] ANY (QM)? OfficeMac._http._tcp.local. ANY (QM)? OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp.local. ANY (QM)? OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp.local. ANY (QM)? OfficeMac._xbmc-events._udp.local. (227)
    `.................Y...Tm.......................D............	OfficeMac._http._tcp.local.....	OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc-h......	OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc......	OfficeMac._xbmc-events._udp.!.......!.....x.........pequin.!.,.!.....x...........L.!.....x......#....j.!.....x......&1..
    12:15:54.200182 IP6 fe80::1ceb:59a4:e580:546d.5353 > ff02::fb.5353: 0 [4q] [4n] ANY (QM)? OfficeMac._http._tcp.local. ANY (QM)? OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp.local. ANY (QM)? OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp.local. ANY (QM)? OfficeMac._xbmc-events._udp.local. (227)
    `.................Y...Tm.......................D............	OfficeMac._http._tcp.local.....	OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc-h......	OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc......	OfficeMac._xbmc-events._udp.!.......!.....x.........pequin.!.,.!.....x...........L.!.....x......#....j.!.....x......&1..
    12:15:54.454644 IP6 fe80::1ceb:59a4:e580:546d.5353 > ff02::fb.5353: 0*- [0q] 16/0/7 (Cache flush) TXT "", PTR _http._tcp.local., PTR OfficeMac._http._tcp.local., (Cache flush) TXT "", PTR _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp.local., PTR OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp.local., (Cache flush) TXT "", PTR _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp.local., PTR OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp.local., (Cache flush) TXT "", PTR _xbmc-events._udp.local., PTR OfficeMac._xbmc-events._udp.local., (Cache flush) SRV pequin.local.:8080 0 0, (Cache flush) SRV pequin.local.:8080 0 0, (Cache flush) SRV pequin.local.:9090 0 0, (Cache flush) SRV pequin.local.:9777 0 0 (533)
    `.................Y...Tm....................................	OfficeMac._http._tcp.local............	_services._dns-sd._udp.!..........................	OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc-h..............3...........p.p...........f	OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc..............3..........................	OfficeMac._xbmc-events.E............3.............................!.....x.........pequin.!.f.!.....x.........<...!.....x......#..<...!.....x......&1.<.<.......x............Y...Tm.<.......x..
    ....<./.....x...<..@....../.......	........@.f./.......	.f......@.../.......	........@.../.......	........@
    12:15:55.456445 IP6 fe80::1ceb:59a4:e580:546d.5353 > ff02::fb.5353: 0*- [0q] 16/0/7 (Cache flush) TXT "", PTR _http._tcp.local., PTR OfficeMac._http._tcp.local., (Cache flush) TXT "", PTR _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp.local., PTR OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp.local., (Cache flush) TXT "", PTR _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp.local., PTR OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp.local., (Cache flush) TXT "", PTR _xbmc-events._udp.local., PTR OfficeMac._xbmc-events._udp.local., (Cache flush) SRV pequin.local.:8080 0 0, (Cache flush) SRV pequin.local.:8080 0 0, (Cache flush) SRV pequin.local.:9090 0 0, (Cache flush) SRV pequin.local.:9777 0 0 (533)
    `.................Y...Tm....................................	OfficeMac._http._tcp.local............	_services._dns-sd._udp.!..........................	OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc-h..............3...........p.p...........f	OfficeMac._xbmc-jsonrpc..............3..........................	OfficeMac._xbmc-events.E............3.............................!.....x.........pequin.!.f.!.....x.........<...!.....x......#..<...!.....x......&1.<.<.......x............Y...Tm.<.......x..
    ....<./.....x...<..@....../.......	........@.f./.......	.f......@.../.......	........@.../.......	........@
    Plugin log levels are set at debug, but nothing other than the version number is written to the file log.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

not sure how to read those mDNS packets, but it looks like it only report the IPv6 services. The plugin is only able to discover IPv4

could you install avahi-utils:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install avahi-utils
    and then run the following command:

Code:
    avahi-browse _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp

Comment

Kodi

It seems KODI ADDONS AND REPOS are shutdown. Or so I hear. A lot of kodi addons has been taken down because of lawsuit ... You may want to check this out. I'm not positive I don't use Kodi but this is what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        not sure how to read those mDNS packets, but it looks like it only report the IPv6 services. The plugin is only able to discover IPv4

could you install avahi-utils:

Code:
        sudo apt-get install avahi-utils
        and then run the following command:

Code:
        avahi-browse _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp
        I suspected IPv6-only was an issue. Interesting that I'm only seeing advertisements from my Mac and not from my Windows VM or my Sony Android TV when using avahi-browse. I tried adding the Mac client manually to the .ini file but it never showed connected, and I didn't see any traffic from HomeSeer to the client trying to connect, even at plugin startup. Kind of stumped.

I installed a trial version of HS on a Windows box with the plugin, and it detected my Mac client (even though it only seems to advertise via IPv6).
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
          I suspected IPv6-only was an issue. Interesting that I'm only seeing advertisements from my Mac and not from my Windows VM or my Sony Android TV when using avahi-browse. I tried adding the Mac client manually to the .ini file but it never showed connected, and I didn't see any traffic from HomeSeer to the client trying to connect, even at plugin startup. Kind of stumped.

I installed a trial version of HS on a Windows box with the plugin, and it detected my Mac client (even though it only seems to advertise via IPv6).
          Could you post the results of the avahi-browse command?
          For your Windows VM and Android TV, have you configured the services in Kodi settings as explained in the User Guide?

If you manually add the Kodi instance to the ini file, you will need to use the Connect button on the root device.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            Could you post the results of the avahi-browse command?
            For your Windows VM and Android TV, have you configured the services in Kodi settings as explained in the User Guide?

If you manually add the Kodi instance to the ini file, you will need to use the Connect button on the root device.
            Thanks for the quick response. avahi-browse only shows my Mac client (from cache, and from a client restart).

Code:
            root@jalapeno:/usr/local/HomeSeer# avahi-browse _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp
            +   eth0 IPv6 OfficeMac                                     _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp   local
            -   eth0 IPv6 OfficeMac                                     _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp   local
            +   eth0 IPv6 OfficeMac                                     _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp   local
            I don't have any HS devices created, even when manually configuring. Debug log shows nothing other than plugin version, and running from the command line only shows the same.

Comment

Forgot to mention that I also upgraded Mono on my Ubuntu 16.04 server to 5.4.1.6 to see if it made a difference. No change in behavior. Wondering if maybe there's a mono dependency I missed? I have mono-complete installed as well as the avahi packages. No errors when the plugin is started from the command line.

Comment

could you post the content of your Kodi.ini?

even if there is nothing in the logs, the devices may have been created. Check your Floor and Room filters to make sure they not have been filtered out.

Comment

Ok, so I just added a manual connection back in to the ini file, and now I see the devices created. I was expecting to find Kodi somewhere in the device floor, room, or name, and overlooked the devices because it was named differently. The manual entry (OfficeMac) is connected now.

I'm okay with adding all the clients manually, at least for fixed devices like TVs. I'm still curious why the TV and Windows client don't seem to advertise even though their settings are configured to do so.

Comment

Working...
                  X