How to create a today's high device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create a today's high device

I really need the ability to reference today's high in the pushover app to speak on my phone what today's high is and right now I can't figure out how to create a device in weather XML that will have a value for today's high in it. Can someone help me?

If you go into the plugin, there is a tab for device setup. In there just check the box next to "Todays High" and it will create the device for you.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      If you go into the plugin, there is a tab for device setup. In there just check the box next to "Todays High" and it will create the device for you.

Thank you very much! I had tried that already, but I must have manually deleted the device long back, after unchecking that and then checking it again the Today's Hi came back!

Comment

Dang that didn't work as I expected. I got Today's Hi but that only gives me the highest temperature that was received so far today, which is useless to me, I need to know what the forecast high temp is for today.

Comment

Look under the HSTouch tab, there is a section for forecast. Check the box next to HIGH under Forecast for day 0. I couldn't remember which one did it, an this is the device you want.

Comment

Look under the HSTouch tab, there is a section for forecast. Check the box next to HIGH under Forecast for day 0. I couldn't remember which one did it, an this is the device you want.

Rock on! that was it! I would have never thought to look there. Thank you so much!

Comment

Comment

Think of it this way.

The Current section is for current data. So the current high for today would only be the highest it has been so far today. It gets reset each night at midnight.

If you want to know what the highest temperature for today is expected (forecasted) to be, then you get that with the forecast section. In the forecast section Day 0 = Today.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
                X