Fibaro - Scene Activation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro - Scene Activation

I am trying to get scene activation working on Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD-212)(node27) which sends double clicks, (was working fine in Vera).

As per the latest z-wave plugin update this feature should be working on this device.
    I have a Fibaro Single switch 2 (FGS-231)(node26), its working fine and the 'central scene' device has been created as per the image.

I have raised a bug report and they come back pretty much saying 'its working' and that was the end of that, but its clearly not.

Has anyone else had any luck with this device?
    Attached Files

G'day mate

Noticed you didn't get any help and I spent my whole day working on my setup, so thought hey why not spend an extra half hour testing your issue.

Configured parameter 29 on one of my Fibaro double-switches to 6, so that it would report both double and triple clicks.

I then created an event that reacted to the Central Scene node of the Fibaro double-switch in HomeSeer to react to "Scene 002 Key Pressed 2 Times" and another that reacts to "Scene 002 Key Pressed 3 Times".

Aside from how difficult it is to trigger the double and triple triggers using Australian Clipsal toggle switches, would be better with buttons no doubt, it all worked a treat.

Screen shot attached showing a sample of the status correctly detecting the triple click I did at my wall plate.

Not sure if this helps identify a missed step, a difference, or perhaps completely overlooking what your issue is. Hope I've helped in some way...
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Tillsy,

My Fibaro single switch works exactly as you have described, however, using the Dimmer 2 (FGD212) with parameter 28 set to 1, the Central Scene node is not created, even after several rescans.

I have changed some switches and wiring around to accommodate and I'm pretty happy with everything at this stage. Still learning the events, my head is still thinking in PLEG and some of the more complicated events are very different to construct, some easier and some harder.

I included Vera as you described, all my devices showed up but there operation was far to intermittent for it to be any use.

How is your changeover coming along? Wife happy again?

Comment

Originally posted by pricey1985@hotmail.com View Post
        Thanks Tillsy,

My Fibaro single switch works exactly as you have described, however, using the Dimmer 2 (FGD212) with parameter 28 set to 1, the Central Scene node is not created, even after several rescans.
        Ah crap, so I did misread - it's the dimmer you're specifically having issues with. From memory you are right - the dimmer doesn't have the scene node created. HomeSeer must be doing tinkering with the Dimmer as I've noticed:
        • The production Z-Wave plugin doesn't provide a "last" setting for turning on the dimmer with command 255, only off and (full) on. Not a big deal I've manually configured them in.
        • The beta Z-Wave plugin DOES provide the "last" setting
        • The production Z-Wave plugin provides TWO switches for the dimmer - one for S1 (which controls the actual light) and one for S2 (no load, but can be wired to a switch and configured to control other events)
        • The beta Z-Wave plugin LOSES this second switch, a major regression

I do not recall if the beta Z-Wave plugin had the scene node, which the single and double switches do.

Originally posted by pricey1985@hotmail.com View Post
        How is your changeover coming along? Wife happy again?
        Aside from my disaster with the Z-Wave.ME UZB which costed me an entire day setting everything back up from scratch on the old controller, we couldn't be happier. She's not going mental anymore like she was with the Vera, so that's calmed down, but she does now question why we even need to bother with all this fancy tech. Yet is oblivious to the fact that she's enjoying the benefits without even realising it, for example:
        1. We changed our open plan living area to have separate light control for the dining and living halves, but where the wall switches are in the kitchen is the one and only spot in the entire house where it is not possible to route more cables into the wall due to the upstairs floor. So formerly had to use a wall-switch near the dining table itself, whereas she actually turns it on in the kitchen were all the other light switches are (central location) and is oblivious that switch is actually just trigging S2 on a Fibaro dimmer (which controls our living room lights) and an event in HomeSeer then turns on the light for her
        2. Both she and our daughters have a very nasty habit of leaving lights on all the time, but now that they automatically turn off for the past few months our latest electricity bill has dropped a whopping $200.
        3. She was always hunting for the remote to open/close our blinds, dimming the living room after dinner, turning off power to various appliances when we aren't home, etc... all of this happens automatically now, so transparently she doesn't even realise. For example a common problem was that she would get up in the morning, use the remote to open the blinds, slide open the back door to go feed our chickens - setting off our security system that she had forgotten to disarm. Now she disarms the security straight away, subconsciously knowing this automatically does things like open the blinds, and then goes straight into the backyard - just so happens this morning was chaotic with us all running late and while I'm making coffee she touches the back door and then pauses to question "did I turn off the alarm?" before realising she was only touching the door because the blinds were already open which was because she turned off the alarm.

Small things, and there's so much more, but all proof that she's benefitting from the system without realising it... which of course if we've set these things up right is actually exactly how it should work.

Though a change coming this week is going to frustrate her. She always leaves our pantry door open, annoys the crap out of me, and also the light in there often left on. So I'm about to put a sensor on the door and a Fibaro switch to control the light - whenever the door is open the light will be on, whenever it is closed it will turn off. BUT if the door is open for more than a few minutes a voice announcement is going to start going off every minute warning it is open (until maybe after five minutes it will just turn the light off). I know it's suicide but I'm kinda looking forward to her going off about this one LOL Oh and I'm going to do the same thing with the fridge, freezer, and chest freezer... I hate those being left open for minutes at a time, a voice will be giving warnings about those as well LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
          I do not recall if the beta Z-Wave plugin had the scene node, which the single and double switches do.
          Hey apparently it DOES - so if you go into the plugins, expand the beta section, install the beta Z-Wave plugin, exclude your dimmer, and re-include you may find you now have the scene node...? You'll also gain the "Last" level button if you hadn't already manually added that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
            Hey apparently it DOES - so if you go into the plugins, expand the beta section, install the beta Z-Wave plugin, exclude your dimmer, and re-include you may find you now have the scene node...? You'll also gain the "Last" level button if you hadn't already manually added that.
            Thanks, I am pretty sure I had the latest beta installed but I'll double check and retry when I get some time.

My wife also questions if we need all this fancy stuff, but in the same mouthful loves so many things about it.

Comment

Working...
            X