This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually adding devices...

OK. I am starting out with the Homeworks plugin.

First off, the sales/marketing literature leaves out an important detail (or at least buries it deep enough that I missed it before spending the cash).

It only downloads and installs the devices from the system over Ethernet and not serial. Which means that it only works if you have a p5 based Homeworks system. In other words, if you have a slightly older Homeworks system, the plugin won't set anything up for you automatically.

Which means that you need to get everything setup manually (or at least so I assume). But how do I do it? I am assuming that I can still use the plugin if I can just get it setup...

When I create a new device, it asks for a housecode/unitcode. These seems to range from A-z for housecoce and 1-99 for unitcode. How in the word do these values correspond to a homeworks codes like [1:1:0:8:2] which is how I know Homeworks addresses.

Help?!?

-Jon

Jon,

Did you read the help HTML document? The plug-in does serial or Ethernet, creates devices for you, and reads your HomeWorks configuration via XML file downloaded from the processor. There are even instructions for downloading the XML file if you are not using an Ethernet connection.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

As far as I can tell, no HTML help document was installed. I have searched under the whole program files tree for all documents named "lutron" and/or "homework" and the only .htm (or other help file) is the one paragraph plugin description.

You missed my point though. Only p5 based Homeworks processors use the Illuminator software and therefore even have XML files (as far as I can tell - I could be wrong). My HomeWorks system is accessed using the Homeworks Interactive software (v5.493 in my case) which appears to use MS Access files for storage of the data.

-Jon

Comment

If it matters, I am using a HomeTroller and everything is installed in d:\program files\

If the path of something (e.g. the help file) in the installer was hard coded to go to the C: drive, it wouldn't be there anymore...

-Jon

Comment

Working...
        X