All devices offline but everything still works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All devices offline but everything still works

I am able to control all of my devices with the Echo via the API. They have been working fine for the past several months. However, in the Alexa app, all of the devices say that they are offline. When I run discovery, nothing is discovered. When I remove a device and run discovery, the removed device is not rediscovered. I am on HS3 Linux version 280. I see that the available version is up to 293 now, but I have been reluctant to update it because last time I did, Echo control was lost. I had to drop back to 280 to restore it.

Should I just leave it alone as long as it is working? Should I worry about my devices being "offline"? Did something change on the Amazon end to make this happen? Should I try the update to 293?

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

So I went ahead, crossed my fingers, and updated to .293. Nothing blew up. Alexa rediscovered most of my devices. Some still offline. Voice control with the Echo is still haphazard. Not nearly as good as it was before. It went from about 95% reliable to 75%. I'm hoping the issue is on the Amazon end and will be fixed soon. I don't remember how to operate my lights with my fingers anymore.

Comment

Funny I cant have Alexa discover my devices again

Hi,

I had the same issue that all devices appeared offline but none worked for me. So I deleted the devices and asked to rediscover devices, NADA.

I am running HS3 on windows ver 293, JSON is clicked and several devices are checked for voice control.
      The following is also enabled "allow remote access through MyHomeseer service"..

I even disabled the skill, enabled skill and asked to discover and nothing.

Anyone having these issues?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
      Chris

Comment

The same issue here

All of my devices are working, and working well, but show offline.
        I went to add a new device and cannot get it to discover.
        I deleted oneof the devices that was working and discovery does not find it.
        I've used Z-wave versions: 3.0.1.87 - 3.0.1.90 and 3.0.1.94 with the same results.

Comment

Originally posted by rmaglin View Post
          All of my devices are working, and working well, but show offline.
          I went to add a new device and cannot get it to discover.
          I deleted oneof the devices that was working and discovery does not find it.
          I've used Z-wave versions: 3.0.1.87 - 3.0.1.90 and 3.0.1.94 with the same results.
          What version of HS3 are you running?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Fixed

I found a post somewhere that stated that it was necessary to update to at least 294 (I think) to get this working again after Amazon made some changes.

I updated to HS3 297 (Linux) and all was fixed and working as it should.
            All devices that should be found were, and all showed as being online.

Hope this helps someone else with the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X