Question about passing variables to MainLobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about passing variables to MainLobby

I use the Blade connector between HS3 and MainLobby. I have noticed that certain Nest values are not being communicated to MainLobby. Recognizing that this could be an issue with the Blade plugin I thought I would post here as I have only seen it in relation to the Nest.

An example is the status field. In HS3 it displays as Idle, Heat, Cool. When I look in the advanced settings I don't see this text display (should it be showing in String?) and when I access this device from MainLobby through the plugin I get "Unknown".

If this an issue with the Blade plugin, please let me know and I will post in that forum. Thanks.
    Attached Files

please post in Blade's plugin forum as I don't think there is anything special with those devices, and I have no idea how the MainLobby plugin works.

Comment

I posted in the other forum. The issue appears to be that the string field is not populated. So when you the device is updated in HS3 with a status label - Idle, Heat, Cool - this is not accessible to me when the device is mapped onto a variable in MainLobby.

With other devices I find that the status label is actually in the string field of the device, and therefore shows up in MainLobby. So this does appear to be specific to the implementation of the Nest plugin. It is not a huge issue - but perhaps it can be put on the enhancement list for future consideration? Thanks.

Comment

when a device has defined status/values like Idle=0/Heating=1/cooling=2, there is no need to set the string field. The string field is supposed to be used when there is no predefined values, for example a device representing a song title would use it.

it perfectly works in HS web interface, HSTouch and ImperiHome, so there is no reason it could not work with MainLobby.

Comment

Attached are the variables I see in MainLobby created by this one device. Attached is an example of the variables I see for one device.

You will see that the first variable is coming from the string field, and the other variables are coming from other parts of the device. As I said, not a big deal - I just use the string displays in MainLobby to display status without having to do any coding - for example translating a 1 into Heat, etc. However, I do have access to the value 0,1,2 - so again, not a big deal. I was just trying to figure out what is happening.
          Attached Files

Comment

I am still working this issue through with Blade on the MainLobby plugin. He is making some changes to handle this in MainLobby which is great of him.

In the process we noticed that the temp fields appears to have some extraneous characters in the suffix. Any ideas on what is causing that? I am trying to get a clean number through to MainLobby so I can perform some calculations on that side to improve the user interface.

Thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X