X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Rob for writing the Omni Plugin. It's been a very long road.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      --HAI Plugin Users--

The latest version (3.0.1.27) will be the last version released as beta. The next version will be 3.0.2.1 and will require to use your license that you have already purchased. If you have not purchased a license, the 3.0.1.27 version will continue to function, you just will not be able to receive bug fixes or enhancements.

On this same note, the plugin will be renamed from HAI to OMNI. I've had some calls with Leviton and the name change better fits their marketing direction for the OMNI line of controllers. So, everywhere you see HAI, it will be replaced with OMNI.

This opens up the potential for problems. First, I dont think a plugin has ever been renamed before. HST will be addressing any back-end changes, such as the updater, store, licenses, etc. As always, post your issue here and we'll work to get you going.

There is a possibility that during the uninstall/removal of the HAI plugin, your devices and events will need to be rebuilt. I'll be testing this in hopes that I can come up with a way where you do not lose your current config. Believe me, my system is also impacted and I'd rather not lose my devices/events either.

Timeline: I will be releasing the new version by the end of next week (7/28). I'll be doing as much testing as I can up to the release.

You are not obligated to update as soon as the new plugin is released. Take your time and update whenever it is convenient for you. Everything will continue to function as it does today.

Let me know if you have any questions or ideas on migrating; this is going to be challenging.
      Uh oh, it's been so long ago since I purchased my license code I don't know where I saved it. Would the Homeseer store have a copy of it?

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
        Uh oh, it's been so long ago since I purchased my license code I don't know where I saved it. Would the Homeseer store have a copy of it?
        Yep. You can email them at support@homeseer.com

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Just a message to Rob

Thank you Rob!!!

Congratulations in moving the plugin from beta to production!!!!
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Just a message to Rob

Thank you Rob!!!

Congratulations in moving the plugin from beta to production!!!!
            Thanks Pete!

I've had a few calls with Leviton over the past few weeks and they are eager to launch a marketing campaign showcasing the plugin and HomeSeer to control OMNI devices via Alexa. Changing the name from HAI to OMNI was the latest change they recommended, since it aligns better with their product line.

Comment

Connection issues

@Pete

Thanks so much for the info: I definitely need to give your setup a try, as I've had some really weird disconnect issues after upgrading to .27 and making the panel and Homeseer meet at a single switch.

What's happening now is that everything will be fine for several hours, and then the plugin will just stop working: no warnings in the log, nothing. Homeseer thinks nothing is wrong. Disabling and reenabling the plugin resolves everything, and all is well once all the devices re-sync .

I do note quite a bit of constant zwave traffic in the log, and do have a lot of traffic on the LAN with multiple Echos and streaming devices. Perhaps it's just too much for the old panel?

I'll look into a micro router and report back.
              Thanks again to both you and Rob.

Comment

The issue is due to a promiscuous and old network chip on the HAI board per HAI a few years back. My first issues were time going way off, thermostat communications and HAI Omnitouch 5.7 communications issues. The original fix was just disconnecting the network port. Note I only saw this on one of two OmniPro2 panels. 2nd network / panel was less than 10 devices and never saw any issues.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

10/100 Switch Looking Good!

I dug up an old Linksys USB Print Server with 4-port 10/100 switch out of the bottom of my storage closet and hung the Omni panel off of it.

More than 24 hours later, no errors, no disconnects. Keeping my fingers crossed, but looking good so far.

Thanks once again for the great info, guys.

Comment

Rob and I would like to thank the following folks that donated in 2013 for purchasing hardware and development of the new Omni Homeseer 3 plugin.

1 - Guy Patrick
                    2 - Gary Mull
                    3 - Adrian Overstreet

Guy, Gary and Adrian will be the first licensees provided gratis as promised 4 years ago.

Thank you guys for your 4 years of patience.

BTW Guy, Gary and Adrian if you need any direct remote assistance in configuring your new Omni Plugin please PM me.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hey Rob & Pete,

On 5/11/2015 I PAID for my Omni (HAI) Plug-In, what do I get?!?!?!

-Travis

Comment

@Travis, a special commemorative embossed genotype (Homeseer 2021™) software license

It is embedded on your left hand 2nd digit, 10 mm down from the nail bed. Look very closely in a dark room. It has a slight glow under your skin.

It was implanted early this morning while you rested automagically with a beta of Homeseer 4 and the Leviton Omni Plugin (Homeseer 4 Omni 2021™).

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Finally a perk for getting HS-Pro!!!! Thanks guys!!!!

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                            --HAI Plugin Users--

Timeline: I will be releasing the new version by the end of next week (7/28). I'll be doing as much testing as I can up to the release.
                            Hey Rob,

I haven't seen it hit the PI List yet. How is testing going? Any updated ETA for the release?

Thanks,

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                              Hey Rob,

I haven't seen it hit the PI List yet. How is testing going? Any updated ETA for the release?

Thanks,

-Travis
                              Hey Travis I hit a snag and will be delayed a bit. I have to make sure licenses work for previous versions.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Comment

Still disconnecting. Argh!

Welp, I'm still having the really strange issue of the plugin just quitting working, yet still running (config page still opens, etc.): no log warnings or errors (not even in developer mode), and Homeseer thinks everything is great; somehow it doesn't notice the lack of communication in any way. All other plugins seem to work fine, even during the disconnect. The only occasional errors I spot in the log involve communication with the ztroller at the other end of the house, and along with that a warning about not being able to serialize myhs data. Both seem to resolve themselves, and don't seem to relate to the plugin going down.

When I originally set up v.17, it worked flawlessly for months. I have slowly been adding a few more zwave devices, but that's it directly. Otherwise, the only other two devices I've added to the LAN are a couple more Alexa devices, including a FireTV and a Fire stick, which also have Alexa capability, and all of which I use to control Homeseer and thus the Omni panel.

I mention all of this only as a means to try and diagnose what might be going on: we've gotten pretty dependent on the convenience of using Alexa to control everything around here.

While I have pursued the panel communication issue by inserting a 10/100 switch (to no avail), it seems illogical that the panel would just start misbehaving after months of working fine: it seems more likely to me that something that was added more recently to the mix is throwing a monkey wrench into things.

Might the Omni plugin be conflicting with something else? Might the Alexa skill and multiple devices somehow modify and tax Homeseer so that the plugin becomes unstable?

Any thoughts about how I might identify the culprit is greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X