X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: Connect Failure

Michael,
    Since adding a 3rd audrey to my setup, I am starting to see these error messages quite often with the slideshow.

Error: Connect Failure
    Could not connect to the requested host.
    Unable to access http://192.168.1.10:81/AudreySlideshow.asp.

I did not have this problem with only two audreys (or it happen so little that I never noticed it). I'm wondering if it is due to a speed issue on the HS server. I'm guessing that since I am using the default HS server, the AudreySlideshow.asp is creating the page to be pushed to the audrey, and now with 3 of them, am I getting overlaps where one audrey is requesting a slide and while the HS is generating the page, a 2nd audrey comes and asks for a slide and HS erases the first one before it gets served? Currently my HS box is only a Celeron 800 with 512 RAM running W2K Server. What can you suggest to help prevent this error message on the slideshows. I have a 4th audrey coming soon and this will only make things worse.

Thanks,

The Pod

I was using the Infinity image for testing when I first developed the plugin and the slideshow gave me all sorts of problems with HS server not being able to handle it for some reason. I suspect you are seeing similiar things as more requests are comming.

At that time I developed a different interface for slideshow processing where the plugin function did only syncronization and the asp generated all the code. It was better, but still had a problem with the IS image.

Have you setup yet to use Audrey's server to feed the slides rather than homeseer. This may help. I also know that the IS image has a slideshow capability an it may work for you. Others on this forum have mentioned they liked it.

I really do not know what I can do about the interface with the HS server. I just do not have the tools to investigate it.

Comment

Well it seems my problem is the amount of server requests coming in on a slow computer. I've disabled the slideshow on two of the Audreys and the one with the slideshow has been working fine. I also noticed when I had the 3 Audreys showing slides, my CPU was running at about 25-30% with some very high peaks, now down to only one Audrey slideshow, the CPU runs idle quite a bit and only jumps when the next slide is requested.

I have not tried setting up the Audrey Server to serve the images (can you explain how to set this up). I'm also thinking that I should off load this to another IIS server to handle the slides, or maybe even the share mount drive. What method do you find to be the best performance for the slideshows?

The Pod

Comment

Working...
      X