can't figure out the install...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't figure out the install...

I've been at it for over an hour now...ready to throw in the towel.

got the service up and running but can't get anything to work.

Attached a couple of screenshots below. One of the error when testing the service and one of my registry. Please let me know if I can provide anything else.

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

I had this same issue and I believe I restarted Homeseer to get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
      I had this same issue and I believe I restarted Homeseer to get it to work.
      Thanks for the reply, I've restarted the computer several times with no luck.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I should have kept notes in everything I have tried....I even took a screen shot like you in case the solution didn't work...this was my error which is a spitting image of yours. I have done so much "re-doing" I have lost track.
        Attached Files

Comment

Actually looking at your ports, maybe you have 11000 in wrong place unless you have modified the ASCII port within homeseer. The port under the ASCII should be 11000 and the service should be something else, 6512 default, 8000 for me.

Comment

Correct. You don't need to specify port 11000 when running the proxy since it defaults to that automatically. The port # you specify is the one you will be broadcasting on and the one that HSMetro will be listening on.

Comment

Still have no clue but here is a new screenshot trying to figure out where the 6512 goes or what could be wrong.
              Attached Files
              Bryan

Comment

It sounds like you are going through my steps. I had the exact thing as well. I ended up deleting everything from the HSMetro folder and starting over. This time before creating the service, I updated the require.config.js file first with the IP addresses and port. Then started adding the node, nssm, etc.

But I am still working out some kinks myself.

Comment

So I have figured out you can't "start" the HSProxyService if you have connected already via command prompt using "node proxy.js <ip address> <port>" and vice versa, if the service is "started", you get the error in your original post when trying to connect via command prompt.

It seems it can only be "open" in one instance, either command prompt or "started" through the computer management console.

Comment

Working...
                  X