Unique Device Name Not Parsing Right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unique Device Name Not Parsing Right?

I am playing with a 'device' called SoundMate. I have it hooked up to my network and it seems to be functioning. The problem is that it is not showing up properly in the plug-in.

When I look at the "UPnp Viewer" screen it shows up there fine. The Unique Device Name is listed as 'uuid:SM-mac=65a0ab87234f'.

When I look at the "Player Table" list, the Unique Device Name is listed as 'uuid:SM-mac'. The other columns are blank. Add button is there, but does not really work.

It would seem that the plug-in is having a problem parsing because of the '=' sign.

thoughts?

Thx.

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
    I am playing with a 'device' called SoundMate. I have it hooked up to my network and it seems to be functioning. The problem is that it is not showing up properly in the plug-in.

When I look at the "UPnp Viewer" screen it shows up there fine. The Unique Device Name is listed as 'uuid:SM-mac=65a0ab87234f'.

When I look at the "Player Table" list, the Unique Device Name is listed as 'uuid:SM-mac'. The other columns are blank. Add button is there, but does not really work.

It would seem that the plug-in is having a problem parsing because of the '=' sign.

thoughts?

Thx.
    You are probably right on the "=" character, as far as I can recall, this would be an invalid UDN as per the standard. Having that said, that doesn't help you.

Any chance you can set the debug flag, click on the add button and post the log file? I'd be interested in your MediaController.ini file as well. Probably easier for me to see where it goes wrong that to read all my code, given that I'm not sure how I could simulate this.

Dirk

Comment

thoughts?

Thx.
      Download the attached zip file. Unzip.
      Stop HS3
      Goto <hsroot> directory and rename the MediaController.exe file and copy the unzipped file in this directory.
      Goto <HS root>\config and delete the MediaController.ini file.

Restart HS3 and now try to add your device.

Let me know asap how it went as I will remove the attachment asap. If it work, I will post a new version in the updater next week.

Dirk
      Last edited by dcorsus; December 31, 2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks for figuring it out so quickly.

Comment

IT WORKS!!!

Thanks for figuring it out so quickly.
          Happy New Year!

Comment

Hi There;
            I also have the SoundMate issue is there going to be an update for this...

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
              Hi There;
              I've emailed the latest version to the HS team late last week, so should be in the updater any day now.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                Hi There;
                v23 showed up in the installer today. Let me know how it goes.
                Dirk

Comment

Working...
                X