Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Fenix 3 HR Watch & IFTTT

Just a heads up...

We all know about IFTTT control with smart watches but I wanted to add for those who may not be aware or who might be interested in these great watches.

I was able to set up IFTTT commands on my Garmin Fenix 3 HR using the Maker app which gets installed on the watch. Works just like it should...I have my gate and garage door events on there. The Garmin Connect IQ app store is always expanding and I was glad to see this addition as this kind of functionality and notifications were all I really wanted on the smart ware front while the fitness apps and sensors on this watch are superior to android watches. It is also a badass looking watch

Last edited by Mario23; July 16, 2016, 09:11 AM.
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Can I get more details on how it works and what exactly you're doing with it? I've got a Vivoactive, do you know if it's possible to do what you're doing with this watch as well?

Comment

According to the Connect IQ store it would work with your watch as well.

The app is called maker and it sends requests via your phone with the Garmin Connect installed. You just add the Maker channel in IFTTT which includes creating a Maker user account.

I created an "IF" for maker to send the titled request and the "THEN" trigger to an HS event.

Here's the link and there are a bunch of apps for our watches.
      https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/f...2-7178a9da1985
      HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Working...
      X