• Show
Clear All

I'm going to try a Chromecast and see how wide the coverage is

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by turbobob924 View Post
      I'm going to try a Chromecast and see how wide the coverage is

Chromecast uses wifi (or you can get the power plug with Ethernet), so as long as your device and Chromecast are on the same network, it will work.

Comment

I currently have 5 sources for my system. One is my PC where most music comes from via WinAmp (shameless plug for jon00's WinAmp plugin!). Two is HS3. 3 and 4 are the NFC enabled BT receivers. 5 is the children's PC in the basement (As mentioned I finished the basement and gave the whole thing to the children. If they want to go nuts they can do it down there and stay out of my hair). The RCA cable to their PC is 100'. The cables to the BT receivers are 50'. In the spring I'm going to dig a trench and run conduit to my shed for data (moving my outdoor Wi-Fi AP) and a several hundred ' RCA cable to another NFC BT receiver so when we have company in the summer guests can connect their phones in the yard. I have the NFC BT receivers linked to previously. One is in the basement ceiling in the center of the house. The other is in the wall of my daughter's room. I got a bunch of NFC tags from some cell phone store. I used an NFC cloning app to clone the tag on the receivers and write to the tags. I then stuck the tags to the plates for the key pads. One simply touches their phone to the Russound keypad and it automatically connects to that BT receiver.
        Attached Files
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Having trouble getting my blrussound d and blsqueezebox plugins working
          Must have lost the license keys the ones I have dont seem to work
          Also having a hard time creating HDtouch that works with them

Comment

Originally posted by turbobob924 View Post
            Having trouble getting my blrussound d and blsqueezebox plugins working
            Must have lost the license keys the ones I have dont seem to work
            Send an email to support@homeseer.com. Don't think there's a BLSqueezebox plugin though. There's this one: https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=982
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yep thanks
              Sent email to support

Comment

Working...
              X