DLNA Manager Feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk,

I was not clear enough with my question I guess. But your answer helped me to try to be more clear. Devices I am using now are showing only folder level images and not the subfolders.

I am not talking about controlling a picture frame (never seen one yet controlled by DLNA), what I am talking about is showing the pictures on my Phillips TV in a random fashion. I like doing this while playing music.

What I am hoping is that I could do this with the help of your plugin.
    You answered by saying one can do this by dragging pictures to a queue, save and then play.
    In my thinking I'd rather choose the starting folder (for example I'd select a folder 2001, holding all pictures made in that year) and then dynamically go through all subfolders, no exclusions needed. I have thousands of pictures and am adding new ones regulary. A static list is high maintenance for me as I create and add pictures on a almost weekly basis.

So my question should have been: Is it possible to have a dynamic queue for pictures when I select a folder, holding all the pictures in the folder and subfolders?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      So my question should have been: Is it possible to have a dynamic queue for pictures when I select a folder, holding all the pictures in the folder and subfolders?
      Wim, not impossible but not easy either. First of all the plugin is a control point not a DLNA server so it uses the information that is provided by the DLNA server that you want to use. Some servers expose information by folders but not all and if there are subfolders, now the plugin would have to crawl through all of these to pick items at random.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

Another way I could try is creating the playlists myself.
        In that case I do a daily scan through hs scheduling and offer this as a playlist.

But then I would like to know where the plugin reads the playlists and if it following a standard format? I tried creating one test playlist by hand with the plugin, but do not find where it has been saved?

There is no problem for me to create a script for this, all I need to know what the format and location is for the playlists?

Thanks so far,

Regards,

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Another way I could try is creating the playlists myself.
          In that case I do a daily scan through hs scheduling and offer this as a playlist.
          Wim,

was thinking about something like that as well but the playlist stores the objects by their reference as assigned by the DLNA server. You can find the playlists in the <hsroot>\html\DLNA_Manager\playlists subdirectory. Good DLNA servers transcode information in a format the DLNA renderer can handle, that's why this plugin doesn't even try to do that. Moreover, the HS webserver was not designed to be a DLNA server, I already had to ask the HS crew to make some changes for me to simply serve up a file (think announcement) to a DLNA renderer.

Was it only pictures you had in mind or other type of content?

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

For me only the pictures are interesting really. Music is done by the squeezebox and will do that for a long time in my case

When I bought my TV (Phillips 7665H) I was expecting DLNA would work its way through the subdirectories and was very dissapointed it did not. Then I bought a mediaplayer (med8er) and its DLNA implementation would also not go through subdirectories. It seems focus of developments around DLNA is video, wich is only part of "media" really. When I look at the music implementations of TV and mediabox, I also see only directory play - or playlists.
            That is why I had my hopes on your plugin. But I do understand you have to follow protocol as well as others.

I had a look at the playlist files an can see I cannot do that, as I do not know how to determine the unique id's in the file. Mission impossible for me

Would 'standard' playlists made for Media player work? I do not see playlists like m3u files appear, but maybe I should search down that road....

Thanks

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

It seems focus of developments around DLNA is video, wich is only part of "media" really. When I look at the music implementations of TV and mediabox, I also see only directory play - or playlists.
              Wim,

I don't think DLNA is focusing more on video over something else, my opinion is that a lot of boxes want the DLNA sticker on their gear and most of it is all but user friendly. The latter is not a DLNA standard problem, just lack of investment of vendors. For example and not surprisingly, my Sony media player has already a much richer implementation compared to for example my Samsung TV.

If it is only pictures, I might be able to add some support, was doing it as part of coding up "announcements", which could be anything from speech, (camera still) picture or video. Having that said, you will have to upgrade to HS release > 2.5.0.54(?), not sure which version the HS team will officially release that some fixes they made for me.

Secondly, do you keep the pictures on the same PC as your HS PC or is it somewhere else on your network? What I have in mind is that I allow the user to enter a root path and the plugin will look at anything in that directory (+subdirectory) and play in sequence or random. So your HS PC must have a shared directory to that location and all its sublocations and you will have to deal with authentication and authorization.

It may take me a few weeks to add it as I'm currently coding up some support for Sony's party mode. This is neat stuff, you can synchronize a bunch of Sony gear, like AVR or Media player to stream to their network attached speakers.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

At this moment the pictures are on the same machine as HS. For me it is only pictures really as music is comming through other channels for my situation. In the future I might move the pictures to a nasbox, if HS3 allows a energy friendly implementation. adding a link to the nasbox should not be a hard thing to do I guess and hope
                I am not rushing you, so just take the time. Also 2.5.0.54 is still far away I guess, so I will be patient.

But be assured, when you are able to implement this, I am a happy man! I whish vendors would put some real efforts in this, because what I have seen so far in my situation and at several friends houses I was dissapointed.

Thanks in advance!

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                  It may take me a few weeks to add it as I'm currently coding up some support for Sony's party mode. This is neat stuff, you can synchronize a bunch of Sony gear, like AVR or Media player to stream to their network attached speakers.
                  Awesome!

Comment

Do you think it would be possible to extract the meta data from streaming audio? I don't really use the JRiver app much but it is able to pull the song information from a streaming address. When I try to use a text box in HSTouch trying to track the current song track it only states the streaming website name for instance "Kickin' Country - Today's BEST Country!". Another option would be to get the data from the JRiver server since the information is known by it?

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
                      Do you think it would be possible to extract the meta data from streaming audio? I don't really use the JRiver app much but it is able to pull the song information from a streaming address. When I try to use a text box in HSTouch trying to track the current song track it only states the streaming website name for instance "Kickin' Country - Today's BEST Country!". Another option would be to get the data from the JRiver server since the information is known by it?

post log files w/ debug on so we can have a look at what is available. Need to the disk log file, the web page cuts the XML tags

Dirk

Comment

I have attached the Homeseer Log.

The JRiver log was too big to attach here so I have put it on Drop box at the following location:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrn6707xp4lmrql/Log.txt

Let me know if that link does not work.
                        Not sure if it helps but I am streaming from the SHOUTcast website.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have attached the Homeseer Log.

The JRiver log was too big to attach here so I have put it on Drop box at the following location:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrn6707xp4lmrql/Log.txt

Let me know if that link does not work.
                          Not sure if it helps but I am streaming from the SHOUTcast website.
                          Not sure what the Jriver log is all about but it has no use to me.

The HS log doesn't include the XML, could be that you need to turn the superdebug flag on as well (currently on the road in Europe). However, the code shows pretty much any metadata that is returned by JRiver and as you can see for yourself, the info provided is not good. So you can check for the latest version of Jriver or ask them to make sure that their UPNP interface has the proper metadata with proper tags.

7/10/2013 8:59:22 PM - DLNA Manager - TransportStateChange for UPnPDevice = HTPC-PC: HTPC - Study received (Title) = Kickin' Country - Today's BEST Country!
                          7/10/2013 8:59:22 PM - DLNA Manager - TransportStateChange for UPnPDevice = HTPC-PC: HTPC - Study received (Class) = object.item.audioItem.musicTrack
                          7/10/2013 8:59:22 PM - DLNA Manager - TransportStateChange for UPnPDevice = HTPC-PC: HTPC - Study received (Artist) = Test
                          7/10/2013 8:59:22 PM - DLNA Manager - TransportStateChange for UPnPDevice = HTPC-PC: HTPC - Study received (Artist) = Test
                          7/10/2013 8:59:22 PM - DLNA Manager - TransportStateChange for UPnPDevice = HTPC-PC: HTPC - Study received (Artist) = (Multiple Artists)
                          7/10/2013 8:59:22 PM - DLNA Manager - TransportStateChange for UPnPDevice = HTPC-PC: HTPC - Study received (Creator) = Test
                          7/10/2013 8:59:22 PM - DLNA Manager - TransportStateChange for UPnPDevice = HTPC-PC: HTPC - Study received (Album) = Streaming
                          7/10/2013 8:59:22 PM - DLNA Manager - TransportStateChange for UPnPDevice = HTPC-PC: HTPC - Study received (Genre) = Country

Maybe same capture (change song) with superdebug flag on just to double check what exactly comes in via the AVTransport change event

Dirk

Comment

Is there a way to add an "Aspect Ratio" device to the plugin? Similar to "Art", "Artist", "State", etc?

I am looking to create an event based on the "Aspect Ratio" of a movie.

Comment

Is there a way to add an "Aspect Ratio" device to the plugin? Similar to "Art", "Artist", "State", etc?

I am looking to create an event based on the "Aspect Ratio" of a movie.
                              What do you want to do with that event? Here's how it works: a good DLNA server actually serves up multiple formats and/or aspect ratios of the same content. So it is actually the player who picks the best possible. I've tried in the past to "steer" the player to pick on over the other but I wasn't very successful so the DLNA controller PI stays clear of that pick-and-choose feature.

Dirk

Comment

I will want to send an IR command to set the zoom of my projector to 2.35 if 2.35 movie, 1.78 if 1.78, etc...

I do have to go in and enter the aspect ratios because my "server" sometimes doesn't get the aspect ratio from the information on imdb.com

Comment

Working...
                                X