Airplay Speak - HS2 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salut Richard ( I'm from Montreal too!)

Did you try with your AppleTV, and if so, do you have the same problem?
    How fast is your wifi network? Is it b, g or n ?

You said it works flawlessly with iTunes, but did you use an iTunes instance installed on your Hometroller or on another computer? If it's on another computer, could you try with iTunes installed on Hometroller?

Finally, could you send the logs as text, I can barely read them on the screenshot.

thanks!
    Last edited by spud; May 1, 2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Salut!

Here are the answers:

1) I enabled my Apple TV (wired to the network): both scripts (text and MP3) sounded perfectly audible on my TV receiver! Simultaneously (slightly out of sync), the Airport unit had the problem I reported.
      2) My router is a D-Link DIR 827: on the router status page, the Airport Express is connected in 802.11n on the 5G band. Strength is 89%!
      3) I installed iTunes on my Hometroller and played a few songs with output linked to Airport Express and everything worked just fine!

It appears the only problematic situation is when a script is output to the Airport express device. If you find appropriate, I could set my Apple TV in wireless mode and check the results.

Sorry for the small print! Here's something readable!

Richard
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by seguinr View Post
        If you find appropriate, I could set my Apple TV in wireless mode and check the results.
        yep that may help to identify the problem

also when HS starts and discovers the airplay devices it write in the logs some lines like:
        Code:
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - Found Service: D830623275DE@AirPort Express 1
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - Resolved Service: D830623275DE - AirPort Express 1 - 192.168.1.95 - 5000
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - TXT Records = 
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - txtvers = '1'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - ch = '2'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - cn = '0,1'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - ek = '1'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - et = '0,1'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - sv = 'false'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - da = 'true'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - sr = '44100'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - ss = '16'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - pw = 'false'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - vn = '65537'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - tp = 'TCP,UDP'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - vs = '105.1'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - am = 'AirPort4,107'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - fv = '76000.14'
        02/05/2013 3:53:58 PM  - AirplaySpeak - sf = '0x4'
        Could you send me that.

Finally, I have created a special build (attached below) for you to test. It forces using tcp rather than udp to send audio packets. It won't work with AppleTV only with airport express. Let me know if that change anything.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Spud,

I unplugged RJ-45 cable and configured my Apple TV to join the wireless network. Launched my TTS Text event, all good!

I installed the special plugin version you provided. Unfortunately, no sound came through Airport speakers.

I copied all plugin displays in the attached file.

For now, hockey time!
          Attached Files

Comment

I think the problem may be the version of the firmware. You are using firmware 7.6.2, and I read many users reporting issues with firmware 7.6.2 and 7.6.3.

Could you try to downgrade to 7.6 or 7.6.1?

To downgrade you need airport utility 5.6.1 ( 6.x won't let you downgrade). In AirPort Utility
            - click Manual Setup
            - in the summary tab, click on "Version" choose 7.6 or 7.6.1
            - process with the downgrade

Note: The Plug-In has higher bandwidth requirements than iTunes because it does not compress the audio stream before sending it to the remote speakers, that's why it's possible that iTunes works but the plugin doesn't.

Comment

I have Airport Utility 5.6.1. "Version" offers 3 choices: 7.6.2, 7.6.3 or "other" (opens file explorer on my local drive). I went to Apple support web site to get that file. There's a page dedicated for version 7.6.1, but no active link to download it. Google was no help, except that another user reported the same annoying situation (unable to get the download 7.6.1):

http://www.laszlopusztai.net/2013/02...reme-to-7-6-1/

It looks very complicated to extract the file I need from Apple archive, as every model seems to have different builds.

What do you suggest?

Comment

to get a list of all available firmware, in AirPort utility from file menu click ctrl + check for updates. You will a get a list of all available firmware for all devices types.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	firmwarelist.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1168187

Unfortunately the 7.6.1 firmware does not exist for your version of airport express (2nd generation)

so if I were you, I will try to:
                - upgrade to 7.6.3 to see if that change anything
                - disable wifi on the AE and connect it to your network with a RJ-45 cable to see if it is only a wifi problem

also in Airport utility / manual setup /advanced / Logs and statistics. Have a look at the logs tab to see if there any log message that could help, and have a look at the Wireless Clients tab and report the numbers here.

Comment

- upgraded to 7.6.3, launched HS event: problem still there.
                  - disabled wifi on the Airport Express, wired it to my router, launched HS event: problem still there!
                  - got back on wireless
                  - included is the log from Airport Express
                  Attached Files

Comment

these logs show some "time sync" errors. I'm not sure what they mean, but I have refactored the code that sync time, and I have added some detail logs of all the timing packets sent.

Please try the special build attached and send me the HS logs.

Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good work! Seems like you corrected the issue! Tested your latest version with text and MP3 without any glitch. I've included the log (there are some "TIMING EXCEPTION"). I guess you will eventually release an offical version for this fix.
                      Meanwhile, let me know if I can help!
                      Thank you!
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm glad it works now, it is always difficult to fix a bug that I can't replicate myself. Thank you for all the testing!

The official version 1.1.0.10 which fix this issue is attached to the first post of this thread.

Comment

version number

Well, I thought I installed the latest in my system (1.1.0.10), but during boot it lists

"AirplaySpeak, version: 1.1.0.9"

Did I mess it up or is there a mistake in the installer?

Comment

ooops I messed up when building the package. It's now fixed, please download again from first post.

sorry for that.

Comment

Problem initializing interface

Hello,

I updated the pluggin to version 1.1.0.10 by coping the files that where on the zip to the HS2 directory and right now i am getting this problem.

Regards

08/05/2013 07:41:11 a.m. Error Initializing interface: AirplaySpeak-HSPI::InitIO: Failed to init: Exception: System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider( ) at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.SpeakerDiscoverer.Start() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.SpeakerManager..ctor() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.AirplaySpeakApp.Init() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.HSPI.InitIO(Int64 port)

Comment

Originally posted by gueorgui View Post
                                Hello,

I updated the pluggin to version 1.1.0.10 by coping the files that where on the zip to the HS2 directory and right now i am getting this problem.

Regards

08/05/2013 07:41:11 a.m. Error Initializing interface: AirplaySpeak-HSPI::InitIO: Failed to init: Exception: System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders() at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider( ) at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.SpeakerDiscoverer.Start() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.SpeakerManager..ctor() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.AirplaySpeakApp.Init() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.HSPI.InitIO(Int64 port)
                                Hi,
                                The dll Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Bonjour.dll may be missing or corrupted. Download the 1.1.0.10 package again, and make sure to copy all the dll to HS directory.

If it still doesn't work, make sure you have the Bonjour service running on your HS machine. There are some link in this post to download it.

Comment

Working...
                                X