Omnstat2 Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omnstat2 Status

I successfully hooked up my RC-1000 and can set the heat and cooling setpoints and can set the mode without issue. Has anyone successfully got the running status' to work? I need to use the status to control other devices. It seems like it should work but the fan status and operating status' never change. I just updated to HS3Pro 3.0.0.199 and the plugin version appears to be new as well at 3.0.1.4.

Bill

If you are connecting your thermostat to your HS computer (instead of connecting it to your HAI controller) you can use the Omnistat 3 plugin. There are no known issues with statuses using this plugin.

Comment

@Kirby,

Where is your plugin?

I would like to give it try.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Kirby! HS support sent me an email pointing to your plugin. I'll give it a try tomorrow. I'm very new to HS and thought it would compliment my Omni LT wonderfully. At this point I'm somewhat disappointed. They don't support any of the X10 send/receive commands for scripts/events, they discontinued support for the serial version of the Omni controllers, and the thermostat plugin they provide doesn't really function. It's looking more to me that it's going to be a very unstable system. If they will be relying on only 3rd parties to create usable plugin's it will be a mess when they come out with HS4. I've seen many posts that a lot of features from HS2 to HS3 were lost...I'm afraid this may have been an expensive experiment...

Comment

The plugin is in the updater titled: Omnistat 3. You can read about it at the support forum located at: 3rd Party Plugins/Kirby Howell Plug-ins/Omnistat 3.

There is also a beta that I uploaded yesterday that you may want to try after you have installed the plug-in that is in the updater.

Comment

@Bill,

Here still using the HAI HS2 plugin with my HAI OPII panel via a serial connection.

The connection provides OK thermostat control status and such.

I am using X10 lighting with my HAI panel and have no issues with it today. My main light switches are UPB. My quickie stuff (Christmas lighting) is all X10 and works perfect today. I did also install Jeff Volp's TW-523 dual phased device to my OPII panel.

You can purchase an old Homestroller with HS2 on it and install the older HS2 plugin. Note Homeseer is no longer supporting HS2.

That said you will be able to get much more Omnistat 2 granularity with Kirby's plugin.

Yup and the new HS3 HAI plugin only connects to the panel via a network connection.

There is a DIY for a serial connection / add of a network connection to your serial HAI panel.

It involves using an Arduino and some basic knowledgebase of using an Arduino

You may be able to DIY this connection to Homeseer probably if you wanted to.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'm very new to HS and thought it would compliment my Omni LT wonderfully. At this point I'm somewhat disappointed. They don't support any of the X10 send/receive commands for scripts/events, they discontinued support for the serial version of the Omni controllers, and the thermostat plugin they provide doesn't really function. It's looking more to me that it's going to be a very unstable system. If they will be relying on only 3rd parties to create usable plugin's it will be a mess when they come out with HS4. I've seen many posts that a lot of features from HS2 to HS3 were lost...I'm afraid this may have been an expensive experiment...
              I have been very pleased with my recent experience with HS3. It has taken a while but I think that it has reached a level of stability that I would expect for a home automation system.

I think using third parties to write plugins has been a successful approach. The result is many more plugins then would otherwise be available and the support for the most part is excellent.

I recommend that you hang in there and work with the product. I think you will be happy with the result.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have some ideas I'm going to try that might make things work. For now I've found if I add the same X10 devices to HS I can get things to work with either system. I had disabled the Omni and had all the X10 on the HS but anything more than 2 X10 commands in a row failed to execute reliably so I put those back on the Omni for now. It sure would be nice if HS would fix the send/receive function for X10! At least folks could turn all their X10 devices on/off with a single simple command. Pete, do you have a URL for the Arduino stuff? I have a Raspberry PI I play with so I should be OK. Meanwhile, Kirby this by far the best thing I've seen for HS up to this point. I've got both of my HAI thermostats (a RC-100 and RC-1000) up and running. The only issue I have experience since your beta is that while the plugin supports the Cycle fan mode, the HSTouch does not. It's either on or Auto, no cycle option.

Thanks again! You'll be hearing more from me....

Comment

this by far the best thing I've seen for HS up to this point. I've got both of my HAI thermostats (a RC-100 and RC-1000) up and running.
                  Thanks. I'm glad you are finding the plugin useful.

The only issue I have experience since your beta is that while the plugin supports the Cycle fan mode, the HSTouch does not. It's either on or Auto, no cycle option.
                  Unfortunately, the Thermostat API uses a least common denominator approach to interfacing with the thermostats. If you want to use all the capabilities of your thermostat, you need to use the HS3Touch Designer. Below is the thermostat screen I use. If you press one of the buttons, a list box pops up so that you can make your selection. The list box for the fan does show all the options.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Crap...something new....

OK I'll muddle into that I've been at this a whopping 28 days and learning every day. Haven't even heard of the HSTouch designer but it sure looks cool!

thanks!

Comment

Pete, do you have a URL for the Arduino stuff? I have a Raspberry PI I play with so I should be OK.
                      Yup; look over here at CT. Note that is was just a root base for development and integration to a serial port on an HAI panel.

Arduino and Omni PRO II via serial - first working code

Here played with a updated TP-Link microrouter with two NICs. It has built in wireless and USB ports. It is today sitting inside of my HAI can and being used in firewall mode. It is today powered by the panel 12VDC. Powering whatever little gizmo you choose should work fine with the panel power.

The above noted I have touched on using a USB to serial link to the OPII panel and it does work.

What doesn't work is that it is a bit short of RAM / working space and it does run only a 400Mhz. I got off on a lark here trying to expand the TP-Link microrouter and fitting it all on the little case it comes with. It would probably work better to put an Arduino in place connected to the microrouter.

Omnipro serial ==> Arduino ==> Micro router (this would provide both a network and serial port transport to the OmniPro panel).

Doing the Arduino / RPi thing would work much better.

Yeah relating to HAI TW-523 X10 PIM; just plugged it in to first generation Volp XTB a few years back. It did solve my X10 issues. Over the last few years just replaced the original HAI TW-523 with the newer dual phased Volp TW-523 emulator. Works great.

BTW here using a micro serial server for the Russound audio serial port connection such that the OPII panel and Homeseer 3 can talk to the Russound audio stuff. I wonder if the serial Omnistat transport would work with a micro serial server. It is small enough to fit inside of the HAI can and be powered by the HAI power supply.
                      Last edited by Pete; September 10, 2015, 08:11 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Very nice Kirby!!
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                        X