Status Logitech Harmony Extender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed a new remote to replace a dying Harmony One, choose a Harmony Elite. Logitech has z-wave plus controller, they call it the Harmony Home Hub Extender (why they feel the need to invent a new word to describe a controller escapes me) and it's certified as Z-wave Plus on 5-26-2015. When trying to make this a secondary controller on HS3 (HS3 Pro/ Z-NET - Send network info to another controller - right?) it goes along all happy and everything, it makes the new node, replicates the devices and then dies with a log entry "security class information is not presents - cannot continue loading node xx"

My question is who's responsible for the failure if that can be determined from this. Is the Logitech error or an HS3?
    -Rick

I think when I added my extender i was forced to use "Add/Include a node Non Secure". BTW, Once you get it working the naming is a pain so I used the "Replace/Remove Ghost Devices" area since it is the only place in the harmony app that showed its initial naming scheme with the zwave node Id. I then wrote out how harmony named the device beside the zwave node Id and used the homeseer>plugin>zwave>node information screen to match up the name so I had something to work from when renaming the devices one by one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I thought the only way to add a secondary controller was to use the Send Network Information to Another Controller. Adding it as you would a regular old z-wave node I thought was not allowed. Nor do I think that can work as the secondary controller has to somehow learn all of the nodes in the primary controller - right?
      -Rick

Comment

I've had quite a lot of trouble with this lately, too. Did you find any fixes?

Comment

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
          Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I thought the only way to add a secondary controller was to use the Send Network Information to Another Controller. Adding it as you would a regular old z-wave node I thought was not allowed. Nor do I think that can work as the secondary controller has to somehow learn all of the nodes in the primary controller - right?
          The secondary controller has to be added first (inclusion). This was the case with my Harmony Hub Home Extender and my Alarm.com GE Simon XTi when adding them as a secondary controller to HomeSeer. Once it was added then I could do a replication - as a side note when I added the Extender it automatically did the replication. In my experience the Send Information to Another Controller is used for refreshing device information on other controllers after they have been added to the primary controller. Take a look at the Z-Wave plugin manual in Home Seer where it defines the term Replication. Its not direct however it hints at first inclusion and then replication if changes were made after the inclusion.

Comment

I went in search of some doc and found the z-wave help and it talks about first adding a new interface (Add interface) then use a link under z-wave management to make it a secondary controller. I don't have that option and maybe it doesn't appear until to have more than 1 controller.
            Attached Files
            -Rick

Comment

Ok - my primary is HomeSeer with the Home Extender as secondary - I'm having no issues. Did you try "Add/include a node non secure"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X