Prevent Device Deletion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prevent Device Deletion

Is there a way to prevent a device owned by your plug-in from being deleted by the user?

I can easily detect when a device has been deleted, using
    callback.RegisterEventCB(Enums.HSEvent.CONFIG_CHANGE, IFACE_NAME, "")
    and recreate it, but of course it will have a new ref. Not a problem for the plug-in but if the user has referenced the device in events or HSTouch they are messed up.

We all know how easy it is to delete a device by accident, I can't be the only one , so it seems like a basic requirement. Am I just missing something?

I can see how it would not be a good idea to totally prevent device deletion but if the plug-in could receive a callback before the device is deleted, rather than after, and have the opportunity to cancel the action it would be fine. Then a device created by a rogue plug-in could still be deleted by disabling the plug-in first.

Steve

Don't think there is any facility for this unfortunately, not something I have seen at all it seems users are free to do what they wish with the devices. IMHO there should've been more emphasis on the device address and if you linked HSTouch to the device address then this issue would not come about and also you could share screens easily.

Comment

Working...
    X