No announcement yet.

I'm not getting email notifications for subscribed threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking the logs, I only see att.com, pacbell, and me.com being blocked. I have requested in with both of these to unblock. Checking blacklist sites, our IP is not listed, so these are local blocks. They might have been blocked because we did not have a reverse DNS set up for this new server, just a guess.

If you are not getting emails and are using a different domain, let me know and I will check the logs.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Wow, suddenly getting my board updates again after months being dark. Thank you!
      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by Teken View Post
        Just to be clear for everyone tracking this effort and who may over looked some of the basics. There are two places that must be enabled to receive email, PM's etc from the HS forums.

One is in the User CP where you need to select the box. Then, go down to the high lighted area and choose *Instant email notification* and select go. Once done it should say *Instant* as you see in my screen capture. The other area is the user preference which Pete has already provided a screen capture.

Today, I did indeed receive this reply with a email hence I replied!
        still not working.

in User preferences, I have notifications turned off as a default, as I actually don't want emails on all the threads I might reply to. I chose to select them individually when replying to a thread (like this one).

in the CP ... I tried to check a box again on a past thread I was interested in, and then tried your idea below. still didn't work... box came back unchecked.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          still not working.

in User preferences, I have notifications turned off as a default, as I actually don't want emails on all the threads I might reply to. I chose to select them individually when replying to a thread (like this one).

in the CP ... I tried to check a box again on a past thread I was interested in, and then tried your idea below. still didn't work... box came back unchecked.
          Just to be clear the check box will NOT be checked once you select Go. It should indicate *Instant* in the box vs what ever attribute was set prior though.

If that isn't happening the first thing I would try is use a different web browser from IE, FF, Opera, Chrome. Always ensure you're using the latest browser and double check any firewall, pop up blocker, add-on's etc.

Clearing out the web browser cache, history, cookies, etc should also be part of this process.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Checking the logs, I only see att.com, pacbell, and me.com being blocked. I have requested in with both of these to unblock. Checking blacklist sites, our IP is not listed, so these are local blocks. They might have been blocked because we did not have a reverse DNS set up for this new server, just a guess.

If you are not getting emails and are using a different domain, let me know and I will check the logs.
            I was using sbcglobal.net which I believe is related to AT&T and Yahoo (probably others). I recently switched to a different email and I am now getting emails from this forum to that address. I can't confirm if my old address can receive them or not.
            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by Teken View Post
              So funny while the rest of the free world is trying to reduce email. We here are trying to get more!
              Yep, it is indeed a strange world in which we live...

I just like having the option to get them or not...
              Billy

Comment

I just got my first emails from this board in quite a while... Looks like the AT&T ban has been lifted...

Is anyone else that was affected by the blockade getting emails now?

Thanks Rich for checking things out.
                Last edited by bdraper; September 27, 2017, 09:17 PM.
                Billy

Comment

My AT&T mail notifications started working today.

Comment

My PacBell.net ones are flowing again as well. Hooray!
                    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Excellent, took a while for att to remove the block, but I don't see any errors with them anymore.

I still see email to mindspring.com being blocked, but we do have an unblock request put in (this includes earthlink)

Comment

I am no longer receiving email from this forum anymore since Tuesday. Several subscribed threads have been updated, but no email anymore for me.

Did something change or is upcmail.nl blocked now?

Thanks,

Wim
                        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

We had some DNS changes and I see one entry for the email was missing. Just added it this morning, please let me know if email starts working again.

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                          I am no longer receiving email from this forum anymore since Tuesday. Several subscribed threads have been updated, but no email anymore for me.

Did something change or is upcmail.nl blocked now?

Thanks,

Wim

Comment

OMG... it's finally back. I had given up on this.

Comment

Rich,

Toms response in this thread did not come backj through mail, so I guess not...

Will wait for another hour or so, maybe some updates have to sink in a bit more...

Wim
                              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Same here. Thread subscription email has also stopped at my end. The last thread I subscribed to emails stopped after a week or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X