HS Touch screen size settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Touch screen size settings

Am I being crazy here or what? The project settings dialog want the width and height in pixels according to user manual. I have a galaxy s 10.5, so the settings should be: 2560x1600 - Correct?

This creates a wildly large screen that is obviously too big (both to work with on the pc and on the tablet). I can scale it down but then the text is too small. Should I just put what ever settings actually work. Seems like a lot of trail and error, especially since I have multiple different screens that I will have to make projects for.

Or are most people making 1 "too small" project and scaling up? I scaled up the default project to the 10.5, but it looked really pixelated.

Looking for best practices before I get so far in that I'm committed.

Thanks!

I do not know if there is a "standard" let alone "best" practice, but I also have noticed that HSTouch does not handle very high resolution settings well. FWIW, I do enter smaller pixel settings for screen size - keeping aspect ratio the same - but I don't have a formula. My main criteria are font rendering and image appearance.

I'd suggest choosing an initial size that is easy to work with in Designer, then create a test screen with some text at large and small font sizes as well as a few images, including device status images. Deploy the test and see how it looks. Then make adjustments to size from there to improve appearance as you see fit.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
    X