Unknown device type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown device type

I got this when adding in a Sylvania+ RGBW Bulb. Older bulb testing it out with latest deConz. The log says to report it so I am

May-27 21:44:46 JowiHue Devices added for new light Light 1
    May-27 21:44:46 JowiHue Warning: Unknown device type discovered:A19 RGBW Please report this type to plugin owner, including possibilities like color, colortemperature etc?
    May-27 21:44:46 JowiHue Assuming possibilities based on state
    May-27 21:44:46 JowiHue Unknown lamptype found: Modelid=A19 RGBW Type= Color dimmable light
    May-27 21:44:43 JowiHue Scanning New lights started. If New lights are found the plugin will add them automatically

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    I got this when adding in a Sylvania+ RGBW Bulb. Older bulb testing it out with latest deConz. The log says to report it so I am

May-27 21:44:46 JowiHue Warning: Unknown device type discovered:A19 RGBW Please report this type to plugin owner, including possibilities like color, colortemperature etc?
    May-27 21:44:46 JowiHue Unknown lamptype found: Modelid=A19 RGBW Type= Color dimmable light
    May-27 21:44:43 JowiHue Scanning New lights started. If New lights are found the plugin will add them automatically
    I didn't think this was much to think about and after a few minutes and a DeConz refresh it showed in deconz as an LEDVANCE which is what alexa has always shown as well. (when paired directly to echo plus). I think the refresh from deconz and the plugin are just not in sync so the PI throws this out...maybe a bit too early? Is there a way for the PI to do a deconz refresh first? Kinda a double check before throwing out the message.... just a thought.

Comment

Jeubanks

No, it is correct that the plugin reports this as internally the bulb is yet unkown to the plugin. If the plugin finds a unknown bulb it will report this and do a guestimation on the capabilities of the bulbs.

Not sure yet if all is known for the bulb... could you post a copy of the json part when you go to the properties of the bulb, the JowiHue tab? If needed I can post an updated version of the JowiHueImports.xml.

Are CT and color devices present?

Thanks,

Wim
      Last edited by w.vuyk; May 28, 2018, 04:06 AM.
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post

John, I have a couple of these bulbs. Are yours the same? They include fine in deconz and the plugin as you can see. I had to be within a foot of the conbee also when telling it to search for lights. Sylvania+ and Osram are the same thing. Newer name is Sylvania+.

Wim,
        Second pic is from the jowihue tab.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by cowinger; May 28, 2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Jeubanks

No, it is correct that the plugin reports this as internally the bulb is yet unkown to the plugin. If the plugin finds a unknown bulb it will report this and do a guestimation on the capabilities of the bulbs.

Not sure yet if all is known for the bulb... could you post a copy of the json part when you go to the properties of the bulb, the JowiHue tab? If needed I can post an updated version of the JowiHueImports.xml.

Are CT and color devices present?

Thanks,

Wim
          hehehe... I could have last night I pulled the bulbs from HS and put them back directly in the Echo Plus.

I'll see if I get an opportunity to test again today. These bulbs are in my daughters room and she's finicky if she doesn't have lights in her room

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
            John, I have a couple of these bulbs. Are yours the same? They include fine in deconz and the plugin as you can see. I had to be within a foot of the conbee also when telling it to search for lights. Sylvania+ and Osram are the same thing. Newer name is Sylvania+.

Wim,
            Second pic is from the jowihue tab.
            Larry,

I think they will be different from Jeubanks as the extract he sends in the first post are reporting a different model id then yours ( Modelid=A19 RGB)

The issue is that Osram is not very consistant in its model reporting....

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Larry,

I think they will be different from Jeubanks as the extract he sends in the first post are reporting a different model id then yours ( Modelid=A19 RGB)

The issue is that Osram is not very consistant in its model reporting....

Wim
              Thanks Wim. I did not know they changed the model id too. In amazon there is a pic of them saying the name had changed but no mention of the model id also. I probably just missed it.

Comment

Working...
              X