This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything new from SmartHome?

I've got a couple of installs with over 100 switches I've been putting off as we all wait for the next release. Anything...anyone?

The new SDM and PLC are currently too crippled to be used. Hopefully they will get the functionality up to where the last version was (but have it actually working)

Jon

Originally posted by kevind
    I've got a couple of installs with over 100 switches I've been putting off as we all wait for the next release. Anything...anyone?
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

I have been keeping up with the smartlabs discussion board, and there hasnt been anything official from smartlabs for some time now. They are keeping very tight lipped to sdm, plc, and their flicker issues.
      HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by kuntakintay
        I have been keeping up with the smartlabs discussion board, and there hasnt been anything official from smartlabs for some time now. They are keeping very tight lipped to sdm, plc, and their flicker issues.
        Could you explain the "flicker issue?" I haven't head of that problem.

Thanks,
        -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgowan
          Could you explain the "flicker issue?" I haven't head of that problem.

Thanks,
          http://www.techmall.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=180
          HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Thanks.
            -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
            HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I don't expect to see anything untill their Houselinc software at least goes out into beta, which it has not.

I figure that once they get the SDM and new PLC firmware working well enough for their own software to go into beta, then they must be close to giving Jon something useable to work with. If they can't issue their own beta software yet, then I doubt they are far enough along for third party developers.

Once Houselinc ships, I'll start getting my hopes up for good news from Jon.

Comment

I got an offer to beta test houselinc yesterday... Looks like you need a new PLC to run it.

Comment

Their discussion board says that the new components, that allegedly cure the flicker issue, will be tested, approved and in production by Q4 of this year. If I could figure out a way to control some of my hardwired lighting systems via Homeseer and at a reasonable price, they would have sold me my last Insteon equipment a few months back. As it is, I guess I'm stuck waiting to see what they do with this line. I wish I had purchased UPB!
                  Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Originally posted by Madcodger
                    Their discussion board says that the new components, that allegedly cure the flicker issue, will be tested, approved and in production by Q4 of this year. If I could figure out a way to control some of my hardwired lighting systems via Homeseer and at a reasonable price, they would have sold me my last Insteon equipment a few months back. As it is, I guess I'm stuck waiting to see what they do with this line. I wish I had purchased UPB!
                    I agree. I am a bit torn because I like the look and feel of the switchlincs/keypadlincs, and overall like the insteon technology (aside from the few buggy things) but the flicker problem is making me feel like I am a teen on acid again! I am just twittling my thumbs waiting 9 months to complete my lighting in the house... Lovely eh? I guess it gives me more time to fart around with all the other automation projects...

Comment

I agree. I am a bit torn because I like the look and feel of the switchlincs/keypadlincs, and overall like the insteon technology (aside from the few buggy things) but the flicker problem is making me feel like I am a teen on acid again! I am just twittling my thumbs waiting 9 months to complete my lighting in the house... Lovely eh? I guess it gives me more time to fart around with all the other automation projects...

Hey that may be the fix. I'll just rename my flickering floods "party lights" in HS and call it a day.

Comment

With the new HouseLinc beta out with a new PLC and SDK is there any news on when the more stable releases from SmartHome will be incorporated. Or does anyone have any experience yet with this code within homeseer

Comment

Ejh,

There is a new plc available? Smarthome still shows the v2 usb one that I think we all are using... Wondering if I need to call them and ask for a swapout...

I think rupp is waiting on a new sdm as there are lots of changes/fixes expected, and no reason to develop on something that will be obsolete in a few weeks/months. I will defer to Rupp for the final word though...

Toby

Comment

not meaning to hijack, but has anyone else seen any x10 keypadlinc button light flicker due to insteon traffic? Just noticed my old non insteon keypadlincs are doing it now. Maybe the new plc will resolve it.

Comment

I ordered 20 switches two weeks ago and installed 14 of them over the last two days. I too am getitng the flickering problem (I'd call it more of a flashing problem... I like my outside Sofet lights dimmed to 60% but they flash to 100% every few seconds so I just have them up to 100% now and no flickering).

Anyway, I ordered 30 more today just to get enough to test them out and I got a call from Smarthome wanting to talk a little. (They wanted me to be a dealer because I ordered them through our company which does do some stuff but we stick with the hardwired Lutron Homeworks stuff).

Anyway, I talked to the guy for about 30 minutes and he told me that the ToggleLinc's have the new updates to stop the flickering and they were going to give them a test to make sure that solves the problem.

I mentioned about the SDM and he said he didn't have any info about it. He did say that Homeseer was the only program that seemed to have problems with the SDM and that the others (like Indego was one he mentioned) didn't have any problems.

Anyway, just thought you'd like to know...

I hope they get the flickering/flashing thing fixed because I do like the look, feel and function of the switches! I'll try my 45 switches first before I get all 120 of them now! That would be fun changing them all out

It does seem that my flickering problem is happening with higher loads though...

Comment

Working...
                              X