X10 Motion Sensor Improvement-Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Motion Sensor Improvement-Help

I have a few X10 motion sensors used in my house and was wondering if there was a better-more sensative one that doesn't cost a fortune? Is there ways to speed up the response and sensativity in reacting and transmitting to HomeSeer? I use a USB to input through W800.

Suggestions, sites? I tired a search-nothing.

depends... you want cheap but top notch... you have to work with what you have...

an example for me is I use a motion sensor in the garage to turn on the lights... well i believe the motions only check every 10 seconds..

so when I open my door.. i have a ds10a (now my concord 4 alarm sensor) trip and it actually kicks off an even to turn on the lights and even trips the motion... this way I get speedier response... i trip the motion too because before i had it where if you open the garage and dont walk out.. the light stays on all night.. now no motion and light off.. hope that helps some...

basically im just saying you may have map things out to work right...x10 motions are cheap... I just bought 19 ms13a's for $60... new in package!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by GaBoYnFla View Post
      I have a few X10 motion sensors used in my house and was wondering if there was a better-more sensative one that doesn't cost a fortune? Is there ways to speed up the response and sensativity in reacting and transmitting to HomeSeer? I use a USB to input through W800.
      Which plug-in are you using to get the W800 data into HS? I use ACRF2, and HS responds to my X10 motion sensors with virtually no lag unless HS is busy doing something else. (Since the normal action to motion detection is to turn on a light, "busy" usually means in the process of sending other X10 commands, which can take a noticeable amount of time.)

With regard to sensitivity, usually the complaint is that these things are too sensitive and do not discriminate between human motion and a moving curtain or air currents.

Can you be more specific about your situation and what you are observing vs. what you'd like to achieve?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
      X