Problem opening speaker client on Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree, please fix this

I am having the exact issue described by other users on this thread. HS, please fix this asap. Renders HStouch/speaker clients useless.

Comment

Originally posted by drboom View Post
      I had the same issue with all three of my android speaker clients not connecting to HSTouch after the plug-in was internalized. Never changed the password on the clients but after the upgrade, they now had a bad user/pass. The android tablets did connect to HSTouch just fine, just no speaker. Had to add a "default" user to the network tab of HS3 which leaves the whole system open to the "default" user and very insecure.

I'm sure this is a bug in HSTouch (along with many others) but for right now, what's the point of the speaker username and speaker password fields in HS3 if HSTouch is not using it?
      What did you set the password to for the default user to work? I'm not happy with that as a long term solution but curious to see if it solves my issue that sounds very similar, so willing to test it.

Comment

Same Problem

Well I guess its all across the spectrum, I'm Having the same problem, Been trying to get it working for a while now. I have not played around with the username and password yet. Thought that was something they might be planning on using on future updates.

Comment

Solved?

Here is the response I got from the helpdesk:

in order for the voice controls to work on the app, you will want to return to Tools > Setup, then Network, and scroll down. Under HSTouch Settings, you will see Speaker username and password. You will want to enter your MyHS credentials here again, and you should be able to continue using voice controls!

This does solve my original problem of not hearing HS audio on my device. However, now I cannot login over the Internet, only through my local router. Not sure if this is a related problem or not, will have to investigate further.

Jim Speiser
          38-year veteran of Home Automation
          Still don't know squat

Comment

oh well was worth a shot to see if it solved my problem. Alas no. Speaker client logs in ok, but TTS is still dead on Android clients. Speaker client on a windows pc works ok though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
              oh well was worth a shot to see if it solved my problem. Alas no. Speaker client logs in ok, but TTS is still dead on Android clients. Speaker client on a windows pc works ok though.
              Do you have HSTouch running on your Android when testing this?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Do you have HSTouch running on your Android when testing this?
                Yes correct. HSTouch Android client is successfully connected and everything else functions as expected apart from TTS. When creating a event using speak, I can see the device listed and can add it or leave it as default. Either way it does not speak the text.

I do run a different voice (VW Kate) but went back to the default voices to check that wasn't the issue.

Comment

I may have spoken too soon; yesterday I was able to hit my HS3 server from a remote location, and gain full control. Even the speaker worked. Of course, it didn't last too long, but that's another ongoing problem.

Try yours again, you never know with this software....

Jim Speiser
                  38-year veteran of Home Automation
                  Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
                    Yes correct. HSTouch Android client is successfully connected and everything else functions as expected apart from TTS. When creating a event using speak, I can see the device listed and can add it or leave it as default. Either way it does not speak the text.

I do run a different voice (VW Kate) but went back to the default voices to check that wasn't the issue.
                    What do you mean by "I can see the device listed and can add it or leave it as default."?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      What do you mean by "I can see the device listed and can add it or leave it as default."?
                      I create a new event, set to run manually, then speak something, enter some text, click the airplane icon, click Edit Speaker Client List.

From there I can select specially the android tablets running HSTouch and add them to selected speaker clients.

Run event - result = no TTS speak played through android

alternate path
                      create event the same way as above but rather than selecting the speaker clients have no clients specifically added which just defaults to playing through everything

Run event - result - TTS played through Windows speaker clients, No TTS played through any of the android clients

Comment

Incase anyone is interested I was having the same problem with my iPhone until I put in my MyHS username(email address) and password. Now it works fine.
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Ok tracked my version of the problem down. Ended up backing up whole directory and then installed a clean install to confirm it worked ok with my system (which it did) and then copying files back in batches.

Anyways long story short I've traced it to a problem with HSPhone.ini in my config directory. As soon as I delete that all my Android Speaker clients start working again (however I lose HSPhone).

This is the same from version .368 up.

It would be good to know if there are other android users on the above version or higher who use HSPhone successfully. If there are I can assume it's something specific to my config that's messed up.

Comment

Working...
                          X