This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    What version are you Vera boxes? If UI7 I'm looking into it. If lower than UI7 I'm not sure I'll be adding remote support for versions that old.
    UI7

Comment

Multiple Vera's was on my list and now it's moved to the TOP of the list. I'm literally starting to work on that now.

Comment

Some Vera plugins will work. I can say that now as I've tested a couple. Yet the primary purpose is for specific devices like Zigbee devices that HS3 doesn't support. It can also be used with Scenes/PLEG on the Vera side where if you have a PLEG specific rule it can run as normal and HS3 will see the device states change and if you want you can then combine HS3 events to take additional actions against HS3 devices or Vera devices. I'm trying to add in as much flexibility as I can but I won't have everything in place on release, but I plan to have core functionality and add on as requested.

Comment

First stage of Multi Controllers is now in place and working!

I have not started on remote controllers.

Comment

Some Vera plugins will work. I can say that now as I've tested a couple. Yet the primary purpose is for specific devices like Zigbee devices that HS3 doesn't support. It can also be used with Scenes/PLEG on the Vera side where if you have a PLEG specific rule it can run as normal and HS3 will see the device states change and if you want you can then combine HS3 events to take additional actions against HS3 devices or Vera devices. I'm trying to add in as much flexibility as I can but I won't have everything in place on release, but I plan to have core functionality and add on as requested.
            If you achieve this functionality then it will work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
              If you achieve this functionality then it will work for me.
              Glad to hear it! I have a lot of the functionality done. Finishing some of the tweaking of handling Luup restarts!!!!! I'm reading through Richards notes on remote access and I have some of it prototyped but hitting an error on the Vera remote server side. Remote access is going to be a challenge.

Comment

I thought I would post a teaser....

Comment

This one is a little more interesting. It is showing that HS can see Vera Plugin devices. Notice how some of the devices have functions on/off/dim where as others do not. This is because of the way the Vera Plugin registers devices within Vera. However plugins that work properly with correct device categories and sub-categories work just like a z-wave or zigbee device.

ZigBee Devices:
                  NYCE Motion sensors
                  Lamp Module (Centralite plugin module)

Z-Wave Device:
                  Binary Switch (Zooz ZEN21 I think)

Plugins:
                  LifX plugin shows status. If the plugin was correct it would also allow for on/off/dim control. I have modified the code to work with this device for testing but it is not the correct way of doing things. I have contacted the author to change the way he registers devices.

AltHue and Vera Hue2 plugin both register devices correctly and have full on/off/dim control

MQTT Sender:
                  This is a plugin I use to send MQTT data to HS3. The NYCE sensors also support Temp and Humidity but Vera doesn't support those features. However Vera can see them and so MQTT is used to push that data to HS3.

Vera Scenes:
                  Scenes are automatically pulled in and given a single "Run" command. This is really the only command you can execute against a scene.

For the fun of it I swiped the Vera icons and used them for the devices that are setup properly. If you notice in the first screenshot there were two of the same NYCE listed. That was caught during a Luup reload. Anyone who has a Vera knows too well about Luup reloads. Somehow... wasn't sure it was possible but it created two devices with the same ID (On the Vera side).

From HS3 you can delete a device anytime and on plugin restart all devices are checked and created if missing in HS3. I've been doing a lot of that!

I have put in TONS and I mean TONS of checking, re-checking and re-loading and even full on give up and exit code for the Plugin to try and deal with and handle the numerous Luup reloads that Vera performs. Even with all of the checking I have experienced failures if you are doing a lot on Vera with adding/removing devices. It's highly advised to add devices to very and configure them (names, etc) and then start the plugin. For most existing Vera users your systems are already setup with the devices you want so this won't be a problem.

Just a little teaser update.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm, plugins too aye!

That might open some possibilities...

Comment

Does it handle vera's virtual switches?

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
                        Let me test and see. If not I'll check into adding that.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
                          You must be having similar thoughts to mine

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                            I've been running virtual switches back and forth for a while using Scenes and HS3 JSon interface.

But with the plugin I've cleaned it up and integrated that. BTW...it's in the plugin now and validated. The Virtual Switch plugin adds a field for each device created in Text1 and Tex2. This is META DATA for the plugin. As long as you don't change this everything will work out of the box. You can change the device name all you want. Just don't change the Text1, Text2 field inside Vera as they are not intended to be user definable.

I'm still working on cleaning up some of the other devices. I have limited devices to test with unless I pull them out of HS....

One big issue that I'm trying to work around but I think it's more trouble than it's worth is with a lot of the Vera plugins. They all use the same category and sub-category even if they are not related. The plugins are relying on their parent relationship which makes it impossible for me to 100% identify them. So right now unless Vera plugin authors change their code to be "proper" Vera devices there's not a lot I can do. Several Vera plugins are done correctly and some of those work by "default". Some I'm adding in specifically like the Virtual Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                              My idea is completely selfish. all related to voice control. If i get it working, i will be a happy camper.

Comment

Release: 0.0.3.72
                                https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...35&postcount=1

The first Beta release is in the 1st post linked above. Please review and provide your feedback on whatever it may be.

Thanks for Testing!

Comment

Working...
                                X