Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have already Rien du Pre Harmony plugin, but also don't like its polling approach. So I guess I will buy this one - the more, the merrier
    Just wondering - Harmony API does implement 'callbacks' or events? How does it notify the plugin without polling?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
      Actually, I removed all Harmony devices and reinstalled the plugin - seems to work now.

I also changed "Update Activity Device" to "An Activity Start"
      I'm glad you got it working. My guess is there was a disconnect in the settings. I have redone how the settings are stored and that version will be out soon (as a beta).

Comment

I have already Rien du Pre Harmony plugin, but also don't like its polling approach. So I guess I will buy this one - the more, the merrier
        Just wondering - Harmony API does implement 'callbacks' or events? How does it notify the plugin without polling?
        This is not using their official API (none of the HomeSeer plug-ins do). This uses the same method of communication with the Hub that the phone apps use.

Comment

I faced a hub disconnection since last night when one f my AP (the hub was connected to) failed, tool me an hour to fox the AP. My logs are filled with the errors in 12 hrs.

Jun-15 09:53:53 MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 6ff1cd6c-fd62-477f-8882-0ddd35e86cb6 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size) [0x000e2] in :0 at HarmonyHub.Client.Send (System.String xml) [0x00095] in <7b8c77239aaf4abd98376e4134e9b0ac>:0 at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream (System.Int32 heartbeatInterval) [0x0007a] in <7b8c77239aaf4abd98376e4134e9b0ac>:0 at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect (System.Int32 heartbeatInterval) [0x000d1] in <7b8c77239aaf4abd98376e4134e9b0ac>:0
          I'm on plugin ver 3.0.3.12

Re-enabling the plugin got my hub connected back.

EDIT: The plugin connectivity with the harmony hub again went offline today with below error flooding the log:

Jun-16 09:46:23 MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 6ff1cd6c-fd62-477f-8882-0ddd35e86cb6 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size) [0x000e2] in :0 at HarmonyHub.Client.Send (System.String xml) [0x00095] in <7b8c77239aaf4abd98376e4134e9b0ac>:0 at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream (System.Int32 heartbeatInterval) [0x0007a] in <7b8c77239aaf4abd98376e4134e9b0ac>:0 at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect (System.Int32 heartbeatInterval) [0x000d1] in <7b8c77239aaf4abd98376e4134e9b0ac>:0
          Updating to beta .13 version, it seems to have some fix on connectivity, will report back if I continue to have the issue.
          Last edited by vbhoj74; June 15, 2018, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Frequent DIsconnections

Still Having disconnections every day, I bought a lisc key earlier thinking this plugin will get me going, still on trial, have not applied the key.

Error The Conection to Hub with ID 6ff1cd6c-fd62-477f-8882-0ddd35e86cb6 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 size) [0x000e2] in :0 at HarmonyHub.Client.Send (System.String xml) [0x000c2] in <2b6e5371dde14e1bac04f95dc0754bf7>:0 at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream (System.Int32 heartbeatInterval) [0x0007a] in <2b6e5371dde14e1bac04f95dc0754bf7>:0 at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect (System.Int32 heartbeatInterval) [0x000d1] in <2b6e5371dde14e1bac04f95dc0754bf7>:0

Comment

Originally posted by vbhoj74 View Post
              Still Having disconnections every day, I bought a lisc key earlier thinking this plugin will get me going, still on trial, have not applied the key.
              Can you tell me what you have for your settings on the general settings tab of the plugins config?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure Frank, it looks like this:
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  One of my hubs was disconnected today and looks like it has been disconnected since yesterday afternoon. It would not reconnect by a device action , but did by restarting the plug-in. It is the same hub that was generating the bulk of the errors.
                  Were you able to solve this problem, I've the same issue, and I bought another 2 hubs so need to get this resolved for stability.

Comment

Originally posted by vbhoj74 View Post
                    Were you able to solve this problem, I've the same issue, and I bought another 2 hubs so need to get this resolved for stability.
                    Change your request time out to 10000 and your time between reconnects to 5000.

I've found the former can help solve stability issues and the latter just helps with reconnects attempting to happen too quickly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, this is completely unrelated topic but there are lot of people here using harmony and I'm sure ecobee that may be able to help. I can not seem to link harmony with ecobee. It goes thru the link process and ecobee says it is successful Linking the device but when I go back to harmony it gives me the error not able to import the device. I open a ticket for both ecobee and harmony but they don't have a clue. Any ideas?
                      PS testing the plugin so far it looks great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there any possibility to control HS devices directly from Logitech remote? Instead of using Flirc...

Comment

Is there any possibility to control HS devices directly from Logitech remote? Instead of using Flirc...
                          You can use Flirc or you can use the HABridge library, but that only allows control of HA devices and those can't be assigned to any key.

As far as I know, there is no way to control HS3. I will reach out to Logitech and see if they can allow for a "HomeSeer" device to be added that allows control over IP (the same way a roku is controlled via the Hub), however, I doubt this will be possible as they require a "static" map of device commands and each HS install would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                            You can use Flirc...
                            As far as I know, there is no way to control HS3
                            Thank you Frank, I'm currently using Flirc, but it's a bit of a hustle. So currently the flow goes: Remote -> Hub -> IR -> Flirc -> Jon00Flirc -> HS.
                            Which is a bit messy.
                            Since your plugin is connected to the Hub directly I thought it could be possible to exclude the unnecessary middle part "IR -> Flirc -> Jon00Flirc".
                            I.e. if some command is detected - trigger HS event. But not sure if you can actually detect what key was pressed on the remote?

Comment

Thank you Frank, I'm currently using Flirc, but it's a bit of a hustle. So currently the flow goes: Remote -> Hub -> IR -> Flirc -> Jon00Flirc -> HS.
                              Which is a bit messy.
                              Since your plugin is connected to the Hub directly I thought it could be possible to exclude the unnecessary middle part "IR -> Flirc -> Jon00Flirc".
                              I.e. if some command is detected - trigger HS event. But not sure if you can actually detect what key was pressed on the remote?
                              That is correct. Neither the websocket nor the XMPP communications broadcast button presses and this makes sense. Logitech created the communication streams for talking to their phone apps. There is no need for the phone app to know when you press a button unless you're changing an activity.

Comment

I use an IRTrans device which receives IR from the Logitech remote and is fully integrated with Homeseer so I can do anything I want. I found an old remote laying around that I no longer use for anything and learned IR from that remote for different buttons on the Logitech remote. I then mapped those to IRTrans. We use the Logitech remote in the bedroom, and I have buttons that control lights, fans, and Hunter Douglas drapes. I use simple scripting to cycle through a light: with each button push, lights go from low to medium to high to off. I also have all lights off and all on programmed. Also have a button programmed to turn on Sonos in the room and cycle through favorite stations. Works very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X