www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Wireless Receiver & Transceiver Plug-ins > Wireless Receiver & Transceiver Discussion > RFXCOM Plug-In (3P)

RFXCOM Plug-In (3P) Discussion area for the RFXCOM 3rd party plug-in.

Old April 30th, 2018, 05:02 AM
Seer Master

Problem controlling Somfy RTS with 2 RFXcom

I have 2 RFXtrx, one of them paired to a Somfy RTS blind. Thats working fine. As that Rfxtrx is on a unreliable USB over ethernet, I thought I switch transmitters on the device to the other Rfxtrx (obviously left the code unchanged). But it does not respond when I try to control it. Do I have to pair it to the second Rfxtrx even though it has the same code ?
Old April 30th, 2018, 05:18 AM
OverSeer

You need to pair each RFXtrx433E with a different ID-Unit Code to the Somfy motor.

The reason is that the rolling code for each ID-Unit Code is stored in the RFXtrx433E.
If you use another RFXtrx433E with the same ID-Unit code the rolling will not match and the motor will not respond.
Old April 30th, 2018, 05:32 AM
Seer Master

Ok that makes sense. But I cannot use the same code to pair to the second Rfxtrx, I have to give it a different one ? Then I could easily switch transmitters if needed
Old April 30th, 2018, 05:57 AM
OverSeer

Yes, you have to use a different code.

The Somfy motor can have a few remotes paired. Each Somfy remote has a different ID.
The RFXtrx433E act as a Somfy Telis4 remote.
The motor has an internal table for each paired remote with: ID, unit code, rolling code.

For that reason you cannot use the same ID, unit code in a different RFXtrx433E.