Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. I have been running the plug-in on two different systems for over a month and have never seen that error. I have one system connect via serial and the other connect via Ethernet in client mode. Can you describe how you have your GEM connected to HomeSeer?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by cadillackid View Post
      is there a way to alter the Colors so i can see the dashboard on my black backgrounded HS webpages?

otherwise it is working great! stable too.. havent noticed any CPU hit on my HS server ... im only running one GEM right now..
      -Christopher
      Yes, there is a way. Did you only set the background to black? or did you make a lot of other changes? I assume you are using the HomeSeer Custom.CSS?

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Interesting. I have been running the plug-in on two different systems for over a month and have never seen that error. I have one system connect via serial and the other connect via Ethernet in client mode. Can you describe how you have your GEM connected to HomeSeer?

I only have a GEM. It is connected by Wired Ethernet and is defined as 0.0.0.0:8000 in your plugin.

Comment

It is hard to tell how many errors are occurring. Can you post a log instead of a snapshot?

Comment

It is hard to tell how many errors are occurring. Can you post a log instead of a snapshot?

Here it comes!
            Attached Files

Comment

Energy Costs

UltraJones,

First off, thanks for all the hard work! It is greatly appreciated! I've been following this thread (lurking if you will) for a while now, watching with great anticipation for this plugin! Once it is up for sale I plan on buying it straight away. That being said, I've got it installed and running successfully on a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM connected to a single GEM via Ethernet so that's cool.

I'm having a problem with the Energy Costs section, I know you listed that part as not completely working in this initial version, but when it does start working I have a request. Where I live the cost per kWh is a flat fee, but a half a cent or less (0.522 cents or $0.00522 for example) tax is added in tiers. The way it is set up still actually works for me, but it won't let me enter values less than 1 whole cent for the tiered costs. I've attached screen shots of the values I am trying to enter and the results when I hit save!

Thanks again for all the hard work!

-Nick

Before:

After:

Comment

Yes, there is a way. Did you only set the background to black? or did you make a lot of other changes? I assume you are using the HomeSeer Custom.CSS?

Regards,
                Ultrajones

I just modified a couple settings in the style.CSS so it would affect all web pages that homeseer generates and not just my custom pages..

I modified the body style and a couple others i think.. such that I could get black backgrounds across the board... if you are just using a style element that is set to a black foreground seems it might be easy for me to just mod that so i could see the data?
                -Christopher
                PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Hi UltraJones

Hi Have 2 x 1240's connected to an Etherport on port 5000. I entered HS:8000 for the target. The Etherport is on 192.168.168.253:5000

I added both devices with theri serial numbers

Where do I set binary mode? I don't see anything on the etherport or in the engine G software (opened it to see if there was a config setting in 1240)

Not getting any data back

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                  HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                  2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                  USB UIRT
                  Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                  WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                  HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                  HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                  2GIG Thermostat
                  BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                  BLUPS
                  UltraLog (SQL2008)
                  Jon00 Plugins
                  Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                  Global Cache IP2IR
                  Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
                    Hi UltraJones

Hi Have 2 x 1240's connected to an Etherport on port 5000. I entered HS:8000 for the target. The Etherport is on 192.168.168.253:5000

I added both devices with theri serial numbers

Where do I set binary mode? I don't see anything on the etherport or in the engine G software (opened it to see if there was a config setting in 1240)

Not getting any data back
                    Hello Mark. I don't understand how you have 2 1240's connected to one Etherport on port5000. Are you using a device that allows both ECM-1240's connect to one serial port? If yes, that type of setup is not supported. The UltraECM plug-in supports one ECM-1240 per connection.

Binary mode is the default for the ECM-1240, so unless you changed it is already binary mode.

Comment

Originally posted by nbakker View Post
                      UltraJones,

First off, thanks for all the hard work! It is greatly appreciated! I've been following this thread (lurking if you will) for a while now, watching with great anticipation for this plugin! Once it is up for sale I plan on buying it straight away. That being said, I've got it installed and running successfully on a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM connected to a single GEM via Ethernet so that's cool.

I'm having a problem with the Energy Costs section, I know you listed that part as not completely working in this initial version, but when it does start working I have a request. Where I live the cost per kWh is a flat fee, but a half a cent or less (0.522 cents or $0.00522 for example) tax is added in tiers. The way it is set up still actually works for me, but it won't let me enter values less than 1 whole cent for the tiered costs. I've attached screen shots of the values I am trying to enter and the results when I hit save!

Thanks again for all the hard work!

-Nick

Before:

After:
                      Okay, I'll make sure it allows that.

Comment

Are you using a device that allows both ECM-1240's connect to one serial port? If yes, that type of setup is not supported. The UltraECM plug-in supports one ECM-1240 per connection.

Yes, brultech sell a mux adapter that worked Ok with engine g and tenECM. I'm going to switch to serial, just haven't got around to running cables yet

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                        USB UIRT
                        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                        2GIG Thermostat
                        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                        BLUPS
                        UltraLog (SQL2008)
                        Jon00 Plugins
                        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                        Global Cache IP2IR
                        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Okay, I'll make sure it allows that.

I am on Gulf Power here in West Florida. Gulf Power has what they call a "Base Charge" and it is $15.00 flat fee. If you could give a choice of flat fee or per KWH that would work for me.

Gene

Comment

Hello Mark. I don't understand how you have 2 1240's connected to one Etherport on port5000. Are you using a device that allows both ECM-1240's connect to one serial port? If yes, that type of setup is not supported. The UltraECM plug-in supports one ECM-1240 per connection.

Binary mode is the default for the ECM-1240, so unless you changed it is already binary mode.
                            Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
                            Yes, brultech sell a mux adapter that worked Ok with engine g and tenECM. I'm going to switch to serial, just haven't got around to running cables yet
                            That mux adapter is how I was configured with my two devices on a single serial port as well, and seems to be Brultech's recommended solution, so I suspect that you may see a number of people with that configuration. I have switched my setup to one port per device and it sounds like Mark may be able to do so as well, but you may want to consider updating your plugin to support multiple devices on a single port.

I don't believe that it should be too hard to code for. The mux adapter is simply a passive multiplexer that allows both devices to transmit on the same serial port. As I understand it each transmission contains the serial number of the device that sent it, so you would simply need to parse out that serial number to determine which device is sending. The other thing to keep in mind is that it is a passive device and there is no collision detection, so expect to see a lot of bad packets when both devices happen to transmit simultaneously. Brultech suggests setting each device to a reasonably long send time (I think they suggest 30 seconds) to try to minimize the number of collisions.

The mux adapter I was using was homegrown and if you want to make one for testing I can tell you how I built it with $2 with of diodes from Radio Shack.

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by BrettS View Post
                              That mux adapter is how I was configured with my two devices on a single serial port as well, and seems to be Brultech's recommended solution, so I suspect that you may see a number of people with that configuration. I have switched my setup to one port per device and it sounds like Mark may be able to do so as well, but you may want to consider updating your plugin to support multiple devices on a single port.

I don't believe that it should be too hard to code for. The mux adapter is simply a passive multiplexer that allows both devices to transmit on the same serial port. As I understand it each transmission contains the serial number of the device that sent it, so you would simply need to parse out that serial number to determine which device is sending. The other thing to keep in mind is that it is a passive device and there is no collision detection, so expect to see a lot of bad packets when both devices happen to transmit simultaneously. Brultech suggests setting each device to a reasonably long send time (I think they suggest 30 seconds) to try to minimize the number of collisions.

The mux adapter I was using was homegrown and if you want to make one for testing I can tell you how I built it with $2 with of diodes from Radio Shack.

Brett
                              seems it might also be possible to create a collision-detection capable mux adapter using an arduino or such device, or something like a siteplayer that can do ether to serial and transmit all the data to a specific port on the server..

-Christopher
                              PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I updated the plug-in to post data to SmartEnergyGroups.com. You'll be able to specify what channels/pulse counters/temperature sensors you want to include in the post data.

I am still working on a lot of updates, and will be posting a refresh soon.

Regards,
                                Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                                X