Jon00 Homeseer 2 - Homeseer 3 - Homeseer 4 Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
    OK so What I am trying to do with the HS2 HS3 connector is have Hs3 plugins trigger events in HS2 how vdo I go about setting this up. I am hoping to integrate the Kinect plugin and BLGdata to the mix

Please help

Cheers Ken
    You need to setup Homeseer 3 events to trigger on the Kinect / BLGdata requirements as you would normally.

To also run a Homeseer 2 event, you need to add the following action:

Select "Run a script or script command"

Tick the "Immediate Script Command" check box. You may need to press the red Aeroplane button to see this.

In the "Execute immediate script command" text field enter:

&hs.savevar("jon00gw","Event <name of the Homeseer 2 event>")

That all to it!

The attached screen shots show the Homeseer 2 event "Update Weather" which would be run if the Homeseer 3 event is run.

There appears to be a bug in Homeseer 3 so until it is rectified, you cannot run Homeseer 3 events this way from Homeseer 2.
    Attached Files
    Jon

Comment

Jon00,

I must be missing something"

This is the script that I am trying to run

&hs.savevar("jon00gw","Event test")

but when I do I get the following error in the HS3 log

11/9/2013 6:54:21 PM ~!~Error~!~Running script, init error: Expected ')'

any idea what I'm missing

Thanks Ken
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Are you running this as a script statement as I described above? If so, please provide a screen capture.

If you are trying to run this command within an actual script, you would remove the & i.e you would just use hs.savevar("jon00gw","Event test")
        Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon00,

I Figured It Out. I Had An Extra Space In The Command

Cheer Ken
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Jon, Will the script work on HS3 for Linux?
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

If you run the clients on a Windows PC (i.e. your HS2 box) then it should work.
              Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon!

Testing today.

Curious; can I run clients on two Wintel HS2 clients and talk to one HS3 Linux client?
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, I think that is possible. I'll send you an email to try something. If it works, I'll publish it here.
                  Jon

Comment

Thank-you Jon!

Works great talking from HS2 #1 to HS3 Linux box.

Next testing HS2 #2 to same HS3 Linux box.

Not sure why but the last change times keep changing from morning to afternoon. The minutes are ok; its just the hour piece that changes.

I installed the application on a third PC and the HS2 #2 box. It appears to be working.

Adding two variables. Working. Copied over image directory to see if I could get graphs.

Nov-10 16:15:00 Log Info The log database is currently 0.43MB in size.
                    Nov-10 16:14:52 Jon00_HS3GW Ready
                    Nov-10 16:14:52 Info Remote application or plugin has connected: justanothercomputer:2712
                    Nov-10 16:14:27 Jon00_HS3GW Ready
                    Nov-10 16:14:27 Info Remote application or plugin has connected: homeseerhs2-2computer:26609
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Pete; November 10, 2013, 05:40 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Looks like you are making progress!

As a bonus, you can actually use this to link two copies of Homeseer 2 or two copies of Homeseer 3 together.

I'm not sure on the time issue. The device is updated by the local copy of Homeseer 3 so it may be a bug in their command.
                      Jon

Comment

Great stuff here Jon!

Thank-you for providing "The Connector" to us.

Makes for an easy transition to HS3.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                          Good stuff.

FYI, triggering HS3 events from HS2 is currently not working. There is nothing wrong with the coding but it looks like the script command hs.Triggerevent in in Homeseer 3 has stopped functioning again.
                          Jon,

I still can't trigger events in HS3. Have you heard anything about when the hs.Triggerevent might be fixed? 0.0.42 didn't fix my X-10 received trigger bug.

Thanks,
                          Barry

Comment

Barry,

It is now working here (on 3.0.0.42) It is important during the beta period that you update the 3 Homeseer dll files in your client directory when HST release a new version.
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              Barry,

It is now working here (on 3.0.0.42) It is important during the beta period that you update the 3 Homeseer dll files in your client directory when HST release a new version.
                              That fixed it! Now I can get back to testing. Thanks again.

Barry

Comment

John, just want to say: big thank you for this great connector. All running fine on W8 here and really makes a difference in HS3 becoming usable as the main controller.

Bastiaan

Comment

Working...
                                X